Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project cars 2
Hi guys,

Wondering what you guys think of this upcoming game. Played allot of PC1 myself before i switched over to AC because of reasons Tongue
Thinking about getting part 2 anyway because i love being able to have a carreer in a racing game. 
Is it true PC doesnt allow modding, hence theres no SRS for it?
''All the time you havea to leavea the space''

As said by Fernando Alonso in broken english during the Bahrein GP 2012
I've ordered it, because I love the long races with night / day and changing track conditions.

One of the things I didn't like with these effects was that they don't seem to cause the AI any issues in regards to visibility.
(09-21-2017, 08:31 AM)Tim Cullingworth Wrote:  I've ordered it, because I love the long races with night / day and changing track conditions.

One of the things I didn't like with these effects was that they don't seem to cause the AI any issues in regards to visibility.

Yeah I had the same problems in PC1, driving in the rain or fog made visibilty almost zero but the AI didnt seem to have any problems with it. Makes sense seeings its AI but it made for some hella hard races.

I had a quick go in PC2 last night (quick 8 laps race on Radical SR3 @ Brands Hatch) : it was soo fun (btw the VR implementation is very good)
It feels much better than PC1 (imo). Wheel was a litte light though (but i was running with default ffb settings).

There's a lot of little new things that I noticed (formation laps, pit crew, spotter, cooldown lap) that gives a much better immersion.

There won't be modding in PC2, but doesn't mean we couldn't run some championships on it Wink  (and the Broadcasting system seems quite promising from what i read).
I clearly see myself pouring time into this game (carreer mode and online).

I'll play with it a bit more this weekend  Big Grin
Had forgotten it came out today Blush

It is now downloading.
i must be doing something wrong vr seems heavy as hell compared to ac....
Yes. After playing with it a bit more this weekend, my judgment is a bit less enthusiastic about VR. (my very first test was at supersampling 1.0 ...)
It seems indeed  that VR in PC2 needs more power than in AC.
It's ok in Brands/Knock Hill, but much less fluid on other tracks (Oulton Park, Spa, Long Beach)....
Will try to lower some parameters here and there (and Super Sampling too, i'm at 1.5 now) to see if i can have better performances. Seems like some command line parameters can improve performance too.
Best fun I've had in a long time.... The Ford Focus RS RX around Barcelona against AI in PC2.... put a big smile on my face!
I finally settled at 1.2SS (with medium/high settings) and it's fine for me now (much more bearable on the long run)
Will try the jack spade custom ffb settings files (sounds like it's better but not day and night).

Anyway, this game is with no doubt fun. And god, the Catheram 620 is so good (but that's a car I love in most sims Tongue )
I also had a few very good multiplayer races ( one particular race at Bathurst under changing rain conditions with mandatory pit stop : that was a blast).

One thing though : the tyre's scream is quite irritating ... And I miss my AC apps Smile
Haha yeah I have that too, jeff is so freaking enthousiastic all the time!! I miss my crewchief.
Also the AI leaves allot to be desired, they seem to be on another tire model yet again as sometimes they will just shoot off through some corners in a way that shouldnt be possible, then at the next corner you see them braking 100 meters earlier then necessary. They are also hellishly slow in the rain, like 10 seconds slower than me while in the dry we were doing pretty much the same times. So far I found i had to adjust the difficulty before every race because sometimes they'd be way too slow at 120% and at other times they would smoke me at 80%. It makes no sense at all! So the carreer is not what I wanted out of it, for online i cant see playing pc2 over AC. Ac just feels so much better in terms of handling and ffb. In PC2 I have no idea whats going on with the car half of the time because theres no proper feedback whatsoever. AC has this absolutely nailed seeing as i can usually feel the car is going to do something before it actually happens while in PC2 i only feel it happening when its already too late to do anything about it Tongue