Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Organizing races
Bug 
Now that races have become more populated i have noticed that when a race gets full it starts another server and puts people there. But there is a problem, this creates races with a hand full of drivers with another server super busy server. 
Example, 50 drivers are registered to race so the platform organizes it to be 24 - 24 - 2 drivers in each server and that 2 player server, well you get the point. Not that it has happened to me cause i have enough points to enter the top server (not that i am fast, its just i have played enough but that's a whole different topic.)
I saw a race the other day that had literally 1 guy in there.
Same what I was thinking about today. Server is for 23 people, because 1 slot is for SRS TV. So, if for example 24 people join, is it possible to split them to 12-12 instead of 23-1? Or when 47 people will join, split it like 16-16-15?
NEVER GIVE UP!
(08-20-2017, 07:24 PM)Marek Vons Wrote:  Same what I was thinking about today. Server is for 23 people, because 1 slot is for SRS TV. So, if for example 24 people join, is it possible to split them to 12-12 instead of 23-1? Or  when 47 people will join, split it like 16-16-15?

If there are 47 drivers registered, it would be quite disappointing to have a race with 16 players only. Just my opinion.
(08-21-2017, 03:36 PM)David Iglesias Wrote:  
(08-20-2017, 07:24 PM)Marek Vons Wrote:  Same what I was thinking about today. Server is for 23 people, because 1 slot is for SRS TV. So, if for example 24 people join, is it possible to split them to 12-12 instead of 23-1? Or  when 47 people will join, split it like 16-16-15?

If there are 47 drivers registered, it would be quite disappointing to have a race with 16 players only. Just my opinion.

Its even more disappointing to have a 24 man race and some one else racing 2 or 3. And even more disappointing entering a 24 man race and having half the field crash T1 and end up racing the 16 any way. And even more disappointing having a 25 man race with the "pros" and the "rookies" all together. The whole point of the ranking system is to have more balanced races. And if there are going to be 3 servers working might as well organize it so that all servers have similiar number of drivers. 

Hope this doesn't sound like a rant  Big Grin
this has been explained before...

Racing is with full grids starting server1.

Server splits work like a ladder. Newcomers or Drivers with lower rating need to climb more and will start at the bottom, which sometimes means a split with few drivers. They do their race and next race they climb for the upper server and others will go down.

if there are wreckers protest them.

Racing against 10 or 15 is simply boring, and by doing that the slowest / rookies will never learn anything, you learn by racing with someone better and faster than you.
(08-21-2017, 05:08 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  this has been explained before...

Racing is with full grids starting server1.

Server splits work like a ladder.  Newcomers or Drivers with lower rating need to climb more and will start at the bottom, which sometimes means a split with few drivers. They do their race and next race they climb for the upper server and others will go down.

if there are wreckers protest them.

Racing against 10 or 15 is simply boring, and by doing that the slowest / rookies will never learn anything, you learn by racing with someone better and faster than you.

Here's the problem I'm having. I was just in the SimRacing NC 917 race at Silverstone 67 and while there were 47+ people, I was stuck in a split with only FOUR. I considered my options carefully and because this race did not count as an official race for any stats or points, I parked it after 1 lap. I'll take any consequence SRS deems necessary by doing this, but when you show up to race for points and stats and then are given no chance to do so, what would you do? This is the second race in a row where I have been in a field under that number of 6 and it's really frustrating. I'll give SRS the benefit of the doubt in that the other race had a lack of participation, but how are you supposed to gain in points and stats when 2 out of the 3 races you have run were deemed unofficial? I sincerely hope that SRS figures out a way to ensure that everyone is eligible for points and stats in 40-50 car fields because right now it is very discouraging for someone experienced in online sim racing who is trying to make his way up in the system.
Official races designation is only applied to server1. When splits are generated, even if there is only one driver, the points count as long as you do at least 3 laps.
(09-04-2017, 07:41 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  Official races designation is only applied to server1. When splits are generated, even if there is only one driver, the points count as long as you do at least 3 laps.
Thanks for the clarification, well, I just screwed myself out of points and stats over a misunderstanding regarding the rules Angry . Hopefully I can gain some of that back this week.
you did not, this race was excluded from the championship.