Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's an acceptable average incident number?
On the subject of splits, do some drivers only ever join races which WILL have a split to try to reduce the chances of racing with those that can't complete the circuit. A lot of races only have 1 server running due to numbers applied this means that there will be drivers with all manner of rating and INC racing that particular race, how do you keep your INC low in these races I'm guessing luck has a massive role to play.

My personal preference would be to have fixed rating servers so I know I'm racing with people around or higher than my average but sadly I understand this could impact numbers applying
(11-14-2019, 08:32 AM)Jason Whetton Wrote:  On the subject of splits, do some drivers only ever join races which WILL have a split to try to reduce the chances of racing with those that can't  complete the circuit. A lot of races only have 1 server running due to numbers applied this means that there will be drivers with all manner of rating and INC racing that particular race, how do you keep your INC low in these races I'm guessing luck has a massive role to play.

My personal preference would be to have fixed rating servers so I know I'm racing with people around or higher than my average but sadly I understand this could impact numbers applying

Sometimes it's better to stop at the side of the track and let the mayhem happen, but after that, it's always possible that someone rejoins the track without watching and hits you.
I agree that luck plays a big role in this case, yesterday behind me lots of cars crash and miraculously I haven't been involved
(11-11-2019, 04:49 PM)Bryan Happel Wrote:  i'd like to see the incident average be per 20 minute. instead of by race.

Id like to see that too, in hour races there is a lot more people that you lap, that dont seem to know how to get out of the way and that normally ends up adding a couple of incident points when you tap them because they have moved. so great idea having per 20 mins
(11-14-2019, 08:32 AM)Jason Whetton Wrote:  On the subject of splits, do some drivers only ever join races which WILL have a split to try to reduce the chances of racing with those that can't  complete the circuit. A lot of races only have 1 server running due to numbers applied this means that there will be drivers with all manner of rating and INC racing that particular race, how do you keep your INC low in these races I'm guessing luck has a massive role to play.

Some surely do, as in less popular servers there are people with very low rating. But if all did it there would be no R3E racing anymore. In one split races at least 3 drivers cannot complete 2 laps without spinning out. However it does not have to be bad if those same people know how to rejoin and not ruin others` race.

Many people here are both safer and faster than most of their rating level buddies. You have to give them a chance to gain higher rating. OTOH high rated players also get severly penalised, if they step out their normal selves.
See you on track ~S!~ Big Grin
This evening a lapped driver bumped me x3 while I was leading, the final hit was at my rear end in T1, and he sent me to the ditch (Sentul track). The guy had a low rating and a high incident ratio, but he could join server 1 and take part in the race, and wreck the leader (this time was me) when only had 2 laps to go. It's the first time It happened to me this way, I am not an alien and I'm not usually on the lead, it's not common to lap drivers in a 20 min race. Isn't it worth to ask drivers for a minimum rating/inc ratio before any driver can join split 1? I prefer a small grid with 10 fast/clean drivers than a 24 cars grid, some of them doing like they don't care anything/anybody. I was more surprised than worried, how could he did that 3 times with a blue flag on the screen? Don't know, but the guy doesn't deserve to be on split 1. I am not fighting for any champ, but I can imagine how a driver could feel if he loses a chance because a back marker wrecks him, intentionally or not. To be a back marker is not easy in an endurance race when dozens of cars are around you. It's a 20 min race...
I hope I see soon this awesome "system" is caring about its split 1 because it deserves it.
Shaun Clarke Racing team.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXFr32FURbIpcY7IAMUaO7A
"it's not common to lap drivers in a 20 min race"

haha, just a few days ago I did a race (non-SRS, open online, and in PC2) where I started catching up to backmarkers on lap 4.... of Brands Hatch Indy, so like 3 and a half minutes into the race Big Grin

I think on the tiny courses catching backmarkers in a 20 minute race is pretty common. It only takes one person to have an unlucky lap 1 to get lapped by first place. But most races are not on these small circuits, so his point kind of still stands.

That said, we simply don't have enough warm bodies most races to warrant severing server1. I don't really regard them as "splits" in the traditional sense. At these numbers, this is merely a video game with a slightly more organized public server setup that has consequences for being an asshat.

My advice is: You can safely ignore incident ratings. Report asshats and try to have as much fun during a race.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
After reading your description about how SRS works, probably I had more expectations in SRS than I would have. I thought it was an organized racing system with championships more than “organized public server”. I consider your point of view, it’s ok, but your description simplifies a lot the work behind this complex rating system and it doesn’t justice it.
Bad behavior by lapped cars doesn't really correlate with split; it just has to do with people either not knowing or not caring about how to behave on the track, or having poor situational awareness. I got hit on Monday night by someone who was two laps down because they missed the start of the session, but still felt the need to fight me wheel-to-wheel on track. It was as if he didn't even know he was a lap down. Whatever the case, bad luck happens. It just stings more painfully when it takes away a rare opportunity for a win.
⌈ zerøbandwidth autosports ⌋
https://twitch.tv/zer0bandwidth
https://youtube.com/c/zerobandwidth
Yes Pasha, but reckless lapped drivers are only an example of weird behaviours. Numbers are useful to me and I would like everybody trust in numbers to improve their behavious in race. If you reward clean drivers with access to split 1, for example. ACC demands you to have a high Safety Rating to get into official races, and I think that's the right way. First of all you must try to be clean, next you can try to be fast. Maybe I am quite alone thinking this way, probably you all are right. The thing is not if AC is just "a game" to have fun, (almost) every us know it is not important enough to get angry with incidents and similar stuff; in my opinion the thing is if we want to ask for a better AC's experience and strenghten this awesome system and its comunity Smile