Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porsche GT3 brake bias and ABS?
Hello guys,

Do you have any suggestion with the Porsche? 

I've tried from 55% to 70%, also lower the brake power; ABS the same: tried from off to 9 (or 10 whatever, the highest value). 
I can't feel the car properly. At the Nürburgring in the "Michael Schumacher S" turns 8-9, there's not enough traction, and if I brake even a little I loose a lot of time or places. I've made a lot of laps with the racing line despite I don't like it, also made an offline race with 90% ai and changing conditions (sol) to make it harder, but it was too easy

So I know it's fixed setup and I should figure it out on my own to learn the lesson, but if you have any tips for a beginner noob, don't hold it back.  Smile
Schumacher S is flat or with a little bit of lift for noobs like us. Depends on the tires (are they warm enough and not worn out?), the right point of turn in and weight.
I´ve driven Nurburgring with 100% default set up, not changed anything at all.

For Spa, I´d changed the brake bias a little bit more to the rear for better turn in. ABS 3 to 5.

But as said above, I´m a noob as well. Like, this is my 2nd SimRacing "career" with the first one is about 8 years ago. So, my pace is about 3 seconds off the top in race. About 3 to 6 seconds off in Qualy. My PB in Spa for eyample is a 2:03:1xx. Best in SRS is a 2:00Confusedomething and I think I´ve already seen some 1:59 aliens Wink
(06-06-2019, 07:41 AM)Andreas Gehrke Wrote:  Schumacher S is flat or with a little bit of lift for noobs like us. Depends on the tires (are they warm enough and not worn out?), the right point of turn in and weight.

For Spa, I´d changed the brake bias a little bit more to the rear for better turn in. ABS 3 to 5.

But as said above, I´m a noob as well. Like, this is my 2nd SimRacing "career" with the first one is about 8 years ago. So, my pace is about 3 seconds off the top in race. About 3 to 6 seconds off in Qualy. My PB in Spa for eyample is a 2:03:1xx. Best in SRS is a 2:00Confusedomething and I think I´ve already seen some 1:59 aliens Wink

Thank you for your reply!

Tbh, I know these classic tracks, the braking points, the corners. I've spent a lot of hours with practicing, racing offline in AC and in other games like F1 20xx series. Without assists of course. 

I think I don't understand this car. 
The times the same for me. Yesterday did a few practice laps on A1 Ring, the best was 1:36... It's very frustrating, because even the last 2-3 drivers made better laps on server 2 and 3. I tried to turn as narrow as I could and use every part of the track up to it's limits. But as we know we can't use the kerbs really because it causes invalid lap times. Of course I don't mean corner cutting. 

Maybe it's my fault because I drive very very safety, on Q in order to make a lap -which is not "invalid" but it results the last 2 places- on R to not destroy somebody's or my race. 

Anyway; thank's once again and have a good drive in the series.
(06-12-2019, 08:34 AM)Zsikó Lajos Wrote:  
(06-06-2019, 07:41 AM)Andreas Gehrke Wrote:  Schumacher S is flat or with a little bit of lift for noobs like us. Depends on the tires (are they warm enough and not worn out?), the right point of turn in and weight.

Tbh, I know these classic tracks, the braking points, the corners. I've spent a lot of hours with practicing, racing offline in AC and in other games like F1 20xx series. Without assists of course. 

The times the same for me. Yesterday did a few practice laps on A1 Ring, the best was 1:36... It's very frustrating, because even the last 2-3 drivers made better laps on server 2 and 3. I tried to turn as narrow as I could and use every part of the track up to it's limits. But as we know we can't use the kerbs really because it causes invalid lap times. Of course I don't mean corner cutting. 

Maybe it's my fault because I drive very very safety, on Q in order to make a lap -which is not "invalid" but it results the last 2 places- on R to not destroy somebody's or my race. 

Hi,

I just want to reply to you because I have the exact same feelings as you reported in your post.

I'm having the same kind of problem with this car. I feel no front grip at all sometimes. When I try to push a little more and use more curbs it becomes worst and, as you said it's very easy to invalidate the lap.
About brakes setup, I drive a little better since I moved the bias all to the front (70%). In this way, I feel more weight transfer on the front wheels and more grip as well. But in some corner, the rear becomes really light and I need to be careful with gas, otherwise spun away easily.

At Nurburgring and Spa was not so bad but especially in Laguna Seca and a little bit in Red Bull ring it is quite difficult to make competitive laps for me.
(06-12-2019, 07:59 PM)Marco Galateo Wrote:  
(06-12-2019, 08:34 AM)Zsikó Lajos Wrote:  

Hi,

I just want to reply to you because I have the exact same feelings as you reported in your post.

I'm having the same kind of problem with this car. I feel no front grip at all sometimes. When I try to push a little more and use more curbs it becomes worst and, as you said it's very easy to invalidate the lap.
About brakes setup, I drive a little better since I moved the bias all to the front (70%). In this way, I feel more weight transfer on the front wheels and more grip as well. But in some corner, the rear becomes really light and I need to be careful with gas, otherwise spun away easily.

At Nurburgring and Spa was not so bad but especially in Laguna Seca and a little bit in Red Bull ring it is quite difficult to make competitive laps for me.

Hi, 
It's "good" to see I'm not the only one struggle with the car. I've tried literally everything including wheel and pedal settings, ffb (reducing and increasing, turn off too) nothing. 
I'll give a try with the bias settings you mentioned. 

I hope you have good moments and good races in other series.  Smile