Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Latest posts link / API for user stats / Milestone certificates
Lightbulb 
Three unrelated ideas:
  1. A link on the forum to list the newest messages, say from the last 48 hours or so. I find myself using it often on other fora.
    Or am I being stupid and I just haven't found it? 
  2. An API to extract data from all the users racing stats. I think cool stuff could be done with all that data, like visualisations etc...
  3. "Milestone certificates": Basically printable (and ofcourse, frameable Big Grin) certificates for milestones like "first race", "first win", "hunderth race", "completing championship", etc... You get the picture. It would really add to the immersion of SRS. They could basically be PDF-templates where only a few fields would need to be filled in by the backend of the system. They could be mailed to the members or generated on the fly from the backend when requested.
What do you think of these?

(I'm a programmer myself  [mostly java] and know my way around in graphic design, so, if any of this sounds reasonable, I'd be more than happy to lend a hand.)
"It goes quicker when it's on it's wheels mate!" - CrewChief

"This car is so grippy it's like driving on four Pritt-sticks!" - GamerMuscle
Second idea is gold, it would be really great to hear from the admin if there are any plans on UI extension concerning races results and stats or API development
First idea can be really useful too
If there are programmers needed I would be glad to help too.
I can't stop thinking how big this system could be letting the community help.
(04-28-2019, 08:44 PM)David Iglesias Wrote:  I can't stop thinking how big this system could be letting the community help.

And it's already big. I have enormous respect for what has been done and is still being done by the current admins and developers (RRRE support, Nascar support!, Love the fact that we can have custom skins in AC!). I have no idea who these people are and how many there are, but they're doing a tremendous job in bringing the simracing community together in what is in essence an AC-equivalent to iRacing. And it's free, which is amazing. I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling this way. But I agree with you that there are so many possibilities and opportunities left on the table by, what I can only imagine is, a lack of time on the hands of the people maintining this system.

I'm sure there are a lot of people prepared and willing to take some work from their hands. They would need a clear mission-statement and a decent scope, but that could be relatively easily formulated by the people currently in charge.

:champagne: Here's to the future of SRS!
"It goes quicker when it's on it's wheels mate!" - CrewChief

"This car is so grippy it's like driving on four Pritt-sticks!" - GamerMuscle