Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sol 1.0 mod for AC. The magic happened!
(03-01-2019, 04:58 PM)Gordon Jacobson Wrote:  
(02-27-2019, 07:53 PM)Andrea Martelli Wrote:  Online is working! I just made a day&night race on a public server!

Great News, what was the procedure to get it to run on the public server?

Bump!
(03-30-2019, 09:18 PM)Gordon Jacobson Wrote:  
(02-27-2019, 07:53 PM)Andrea Martelli Wrote:  Online is working! I just made a day&night race on a public server!

Bump!

you just make a server with the time set for night and everyone that joins must have SOL installed or they still see daylight and you will not see any headlights from them in the night. No way to stop anyone from joining without SOL unless you make a private server.
(03-31-2019, 10:18 AM)Mike Blaze Wrote:  

Bump!

you just make a server with the time set for night and everyone that joins must have SOL installed or they still see daylight and you will not see any headlights from them in the night. No way to stop anyone from joining without SOL unless you make a private server.
Great news, hope we'll be able to race with SOL, it has dynamic weather too!

About FPS, maybe we could initially race only on small/well-optimized tracks, I don't have a powerful PC but it runs pretty well in singleplayer with 22 cars and SOL enabled (to me singleplayer is heavier than multiplayer due to AI and the problems are more CPU than GPU related).

If I've understood, there's not the problem with being sure that everybody has SOL installed since the private server can check if players have it.

To me there's a problem about SOL's versions: a lot of people currently download SOL betas from SOL's Discord channel so people might have different versions.
This could be avoided by having a fixed version just for SRS, like the 1.0 at the moment (changing from a version to another isn't a big problem since Content Manager has it's own Mod Manager, so if someone has a different version, like a beta, he just has to disable it, enable the SRS one and then race; if he wants to race singleplayer, just disables SRS one and enable the beta)
(03-31-2019, 10:18 AM)Mike Blaze Wrote:  

Bump!

I have updated my server but the server app won't allow time past 1800, what am I missing?
I see the required info in content manager.

Thanks
"I have updated my server but the server app won't allow time past 1800, what am I missing?"

as soon as you install the shader patch and SOL it changes the time table to 24 hour range and NO the server has no way of checking to make sure everyone else has it installed.
(04-02-2019, 09:11 AM)Mike Blaze Wrote:  "I have updated my server but the server app won't allow time past 1800, what am I missing?"

as soon as you install the shader patch and SOL it changes the time table to 24 hour range and NO the server has no way of checking to make sure everyone else has it installed.

Thanks, I do see that in Content manager allows time to be set any place in the 24 hour clock.

Starting Assetto Corsa server manager only allows time to go to 1800, under tab Sessions / Weathers -> Time of Day??
Bump!

Procedures to run an on-line server with the sol mod?
(04-11-2019, 03:41 PM)Gordon Jacobson Wrote:  Bump!

i would suggest getting your server to work online first then
you will see its easy to set it for night or weather then SAVE it, then  RUN it.
(04-11-2019, 05:38 PM)Mike Blaze Wrote:  

you will see its easy to set it for night or weather then SAVE it, then  RUN it.

Mike, I have the server running and have been hosting races...
I have installed Sol and tested all works fine, single player.
When I run the dedicated Assetto Corsa server manager I see where I can change the weather to include (sol) but the Time Of Day slider only goes from 0800 - 1800?
Thanks
(04-12-2019, 12:35 PM)Gordon Jacobson Wrote:  
(04-11-2019, 05:38 PM)Mike Blaze Wrote:  

Mike, I have the server running and have been hosting races...
I have installed Sol and tested all works fine, single player.
When I run the dedicated Assetto Corsa server manager I see where I can change the weather to include (sol) but the Time Of Day slider only goes from 0800 - 1800?
Thanks
I use paid version of content manager to run my server and it has a 24 hour clock