Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Petition" to have prototype series
I just finished RS01 race at Le Mans and even though I made one big mistake in first lap which cost me good placing (I didn't anticipate the guys ahead of me would be so slow through Tertre Rouge so I had to swerve into the sand to avoid punting them), I really enjoyed every second of it. There's something special in throwing high downforce car through those fast sweepers, even in the sim.

That gave me an idea to, at least, start the discussion about LMP1 series. IMO it would be great if we could once have prototypes instead of usual GT3/GTE 1 hour series. Or maybe even 2 hours with 3x accelerated time to more or less simulate 6h enduro. I don't think the cars are hard to drive, so the attendance shouldn't be the problem, and competitiveness level should be the same. If some people are 5 seconds faster than others, they will be 5 seconds faster no matter which car they are driving.

Cars are already there from Kunos (TBH I'm not sure how well they are balanced, but I imagine they aren't too far apart), and classic tracks are more or less in the rotation. SPA, Silverstone, Fuji, Nordschleife, Sebring, maybe throw in Daytona, Shangai or Suzuka and top it all off with Le Mans.

Sure, ideally we would have multiclass races, but I think that changing server setting from 1 hour to 2 is much easier than setting it up to multiclass.

Also, I apologize if admin has already addressed this in the past, I couldn't find anything about it.

So, there it is, let's get this ball rolling Big Grin
Not convinced by 2h races I think that is just to long for your typical Sim racer.
(01-29-2019, 12:37 AM)SimonĀ Merritt Wrote:  Not convinced by 2h 1h races I think that is just to long for your typical Sim racer.

Fixed for me.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Yeah, even though I love simulating full scale races against AI, 2h might be pushing a bit for most people. But I think that 20 minutes just wouldn't o these cars a justice. Especially on tracks like Le Mans or Nordschleife. Yesterday after the race I saw a lot of people saying that they wish the race was longer. And we already have 1h daily series. It would be nice change from usual GT-esque cars.
Every time there is Le Mans in some series, that race on Le Mans hould be 1hr, there is no point for 20 mins race at Le Mans imo Wink
NEVER GIVE UP!
(01-29-2019, 12:46 PM)IgorĀ Relja Wrote:  Yeah, even though I love simulating full scale races against AI, 2h might be pushing a bit for most people. But I think that 20 minutes just wouldn't o these cars a justice. Especially on tracks like Le Mans or Nordschleife. Yesterday after the race I saw a lot of people saying that they wish the race was longer. And we already have 1h daily series. It would be nice change from usual GT-esque cars.

LeMans and Nords are always 1hr races
Le Mans on Monday was 20 minutes.
And it was not the first time Le Mans was 20 mins Smile
NEVER GIVE UP!
Yeah, I distinctly recall racing at Le Mans a while ago for what was definitely 20 mins and it totally felt like an hour, so boring Big Grin
1-2h for COTA, Nordschleife, Le Mans, Spa,Fuji, Paul Ricard, Silverstone, Daytona, Bathurst, Sebring or even Red Bull Ring is ok.

For Zolder, Zaandvort, Nuerburgring, Brands Hatch, Okayama, Monza, AIA, Hockenheimring etc. not so much.

However what stands against making LMP1 doable is skills required to drive it effectively and steadily through whole duration. I don`t do it aswell as openwheelers since I don`t have the reflexes in braking - would crash into guys in front of me all the time. That is not GT3/GT4 which are relatively accessible for most and still pretty fast.