Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server splits.
Why does it that when a race session splits across 2 servers, server 1 filles up and what is left over goes into the 2nd.  It would be better to have an even split across servers.  Is this something that you are working on?
It is meant to work that way, fill servers.

A race is official on AC series, if 6 drivers or more register, but second, third or fourth splits will always count as official

the idea is to have always at least one full grid.

Lets imagine say 25 register and there is 24 slots, 1 driver goes to the 2nd split. 1st position on 2nd split scores the same as 10th on 1st split. you are alone on the server but only need to complete 3 laps to score. Since split positioning is based on championship performance and rating, the probability of going to the 1st split on the next race of the championship is high because you scored as if you were mid table on 1st split, and if you are alone you shouldnt have incidents.
I would prefer the server to split evenly. If 25 signed up I would prefer to be racing in a grid of 13 in split one or 12 in split 2 rather than spending time practising only to join a server by myself. What do others think?
In my opinion it's always better to have one full server than split the drivers into two grids. The more drivers, the more fun.
(01-18-2017, 05:59 PM)Patrick Kreutz Wrote:  In my opinion it's always better to have one full server than split the drivers into two grids. The more drivers, the more fun.

But the driver or drivers in the 2nd split will be having no fun.  Sad
But this only happens while the sign ups for a race aren't numerous enough. And even if you end up in the 2nd split with few players or just by yourself, is not likely you'll end up there a 2nd or 3rd time in a row. Like simracingsystem explained above, you will score enough rating/points on the 2nd split that next time your chances are higher to join the 1st split and someone else to be relegated.