Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nissan BTCC
My dear fellow racers,

Last couple of days i've been participating at the BTCC race at Brands Hatch. For the love of God i can't get the Nissan not trying to kill me.....
I've been practising a lot, know the track really good and on softs i managed 1 lap in 1.32,5. Then i watched at the fastest times and was a good 3,5 seconds off Undecided
I love the track and the car, but yesterday i qualified 10th (not too shabby) but in the race on mediums i was terribly slow and every time i tried to push a bit i was facing the wrong way. I finished 17th and last.
All things i try in setting up the car do not work and i have no idea where to begin.
Any setups available or tips and tricks and want to share with me?

Regards, 
Marc
Practice Wink
and you have a pm
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
Try this: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/a...des.99049/
I keep the softs also for the race
Lars Mars
Gentdrivers Team
Lars,

Do they hold for 14 laps?

@michael, like i said that's what i've been doing last days and it is not like i drive this track for the first time. I raced it in different classes and cars. With reasonable results. I'm really not the fastest out there but i can finnish in the top 10 or better. I have trouble setting up this car.

Btw thanx for the pm. I will definatly try it!
They do hold, but by a threat. I believe meds are the better choice, to keep enough speed in the later laps
as Champ winner and owner of 4/6 of best lap times ( they cut a part of the map at Donington...) i think i can say how to drive this car

The key of this car is to be smooth, well, it's for any car, FF expecially, but this car in particolar doesn't accept things like trail breaking, changing direction too fast, hard breaking ecc..

i always wrote in the lobbys, to brake before than you normally think with this car, late braking makes you steer when you are still breaking, and when you release the brake you will lose the rear

if you can't be smooth, try to make sospension stiffer, add a click to front/rear (specially front) bump and rebound till you will like how the car react, this will make the car easier to drive, but will lose grip.

then other thing is to have a more stable rear, start with default setup and use a click less of rear arb, and maybe 20% coast, just this will help you a lot in any track.

then you can try less toe in, to make the car less imprevedible.

hope it will help
Quote Stefano "as Champ winner and owner of 4/6 of best lap times" 

You really had to put it in my face lol...
Just kidding, saw you drive yesterday and lap me, you did an awsome job Cool

just got home from work and i'm going to do something with your and Micheals suggestions so i hope this evening it will be somewhat better. but reading your story Stefano i just realised what i do wrong. I think i "overdrive" the car if you know what i mean. I try to go too fast and that's why the rear end wnats to overtake me. 99% of my time i race GT3 cars, that's what i like most. Not too much on SRS because the time when most races are held don't suite me unfortunatly. So this race with the Nissan was perfect for me in the timeframe.

I know i will never set record times because of my gear and seat position (and probably lack of talent Big Grin) but i always managed to get in 1 or 2 seconds of the fastest guys. 

But enough talk, i have some work to do in practise Cool Big Grin
i'm usually modest, but when i can show off, i will do it  Big Grin   
you saw me spun too ahah the left side is blind for me (16:10 monitor..) and it just need 1mm in the grass to spun..
yes, def doesn't like to be overdriven, anyway if you wanna drive it like a gt3.. you can, use brake bias more in front, and less pressure (this is a good thing anyway, always try to avoid locking the front tyres), make stiffer front bump and rear rebound, plus stiffer front or softer rear arb, because of your driving style maybe it will be faster/safer, but the front tyres will ask you mercy.
thanx for the reply,

Just did 2 complete 20 minute races. Still not really fast but atleast constant laptimes so the adjustments worked...

And the grass, yes i know. Happened to me sveral times too. The brittish people should drive on the correct side of the raod and in the car Big Grin

And here we go in 1,2,3.......