Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Assetto Corsa Series starting September 10th!!
Every 6 weeks I wait, to find out which series SRS announces for AC.
Especially the daily series which fit best to my (rare) freetime.

The last 2 or 3 times there where no open wheeler cars offered.

Am I the only one, who is hoping to drive some daily open wheeler races in SRS?
(Preferably the historical cars ;-))
I personally don't really need open wheelers, but I can totally understand that a lot of people want them. Also it would have mixed up the whole touring car situation we have this season …
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Open wheelers are great fun in VR!
(09-12-2018, 11:55 AM)Frank Pit Wrote:  Every 6 weeks I wait, to find out which series SRS announces for AC.
Especially the daily series which fit best to my (rare) freetime.

The last 2 or 3 times there where no open wheeler cars offered.

Am I the only one, who is hoping to drive some daily open wheeler races in SRS?
(Preferably the historical cars ;-))

I would really enjoy having more open wheeler series! They have one up now but it is in the middle of the night if you live in Europe...
[quote pid='19527' dateline='1536842234']
+1. same here, this is the biog downside of srs. one beginner (f3/f2, and one f1 series) at other times than  late european times would be more than welcome. i have given up hope, andf just hope that acc will take out all closed cars people and make ac free for open wheels.
[/quote]
Can I just ask... In what world are the Primera and MX-5 too much alike?
There's a world of difference between these cars
Only those two cars would be perfectly fine when the other series would be open wheelers or some kind of prototype or something with a lot of power. But in addition to the TT, they're just too much alike.

In Europe you currently have those options to race each evening: TT, Primera, MX-5, Alfa TZ.

Four modified road cars. Oh yeah. Such excitement – all those options! The Alfa at least stands out with its unique handling.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
I think we have to agree to disagree then. I don't think that the TT/Primera/MX-5 are remotely similar. Each car comes with a unique set of challenges. I don't always like each car, from the sound of things neither do you. But I don't think we can question the diversity, even though they're modified road cars.

Regardless, whatever SRS offers, it's hard to please every single person isn't it?
The cars are painfully slow unfortunately Sad Only 1 car can lap Silverstone in less than 2 minutes, the Ferrari GT2. A lot are in the 2:00 - 2:10 range, as someone who likes faster cars I'm not really interested in anything appart from the Classic F1.
(09-17-2018, 12:59 PM)Dennis Ipenburg Wrote:  Regardless, whatever SRS offers, it's hard to please every single person isn't it?
Definitely. I had a couple of seasons where I didn't have a daily car that I could really enjoy. And that's alright. But (I repeat myself) only modified road cars every single day? Urgh. That's too much.