Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using lights during a race
Question 
What do you think of drivers who flashing lights behind you during a race?
Particularly in automobilista where the lights really work
Should this be allowed or not?
---

Automobilista Porsche Cup Champion (x2) Cool  

Automobilista Lancer RS Cup Champion Sleepy

Automobilista Mini Challenge Champion
It's a racing tatic will always be used so fine in my opinion.
Also usefull the let lapped cars know your coming.
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
I always use lights in any sim, why? Because the gauge cluster is otherwise dark and not illuminated. I don't use some weird bumper or hood cam and want to see the instruments, illumination helps to see them.
And it's easier to flash cars in front as well as good luck flashing anyone with pop up headlights when they take 2s to even get out. Having lights on helps with being seen both front and rear too.

No idea about AMS, in most sims the lights are fairly basic especially in AC etc.
In AC you can nowadays extend them via shaders so they actually work as projected lights and not only as textures with pixel shader.
I ve seen some flashing lights as a way to put some pressure on you, personally i don't care but i can see how that could be annoying, and frankly a little low.

Otehrwise i use flash light in traffic ahead of time more as a "safety" attempt to just let people know a blue blag is coming cause people sometimes don't realize until it's actually blue flag which i think is a little late to show up on some tracks.
(08-08-2018, 01:24 PM)James Blint Wrote:  I ve seen some flashing lights as a way to put some pressure on you, personally i don't care but i can see how that could be annoying, and frankly a little low.

My question was especially about this topic
---

Automobilista Porsche Cup Champion (x2) Cool  

Automobilista Lancer RS Cup Champion Sleepy

Automobilista Mini Challenge Champion
The best one I had was a lapped driver flashing me because he was catching me up and wanted to un-lap him self. This was on the last lap of the race!
Light flashing for any reason is a RL race thing too its used specifically to distract or inform I use them and have no problem with them in the game, obviously overuse could be an issue to some.
I think the only reason to flash lights is to indicate other drivers that you're about to lap them.

All other cases should be prohibited as flashing lights could affect game performance.
Its used a lot in GT racing. Its mostly just to distract the car in front in the hope he'll miss his braking point or apex. Its psychologically battling with the car in front to move his focus from whats in front of him, to whats behind him. The fact that there's a thread regarding it proves it works Smile
I don't see a problem with flashing lights. If a driver is so easily distracted that they make an error because someone is flashing lights at them then it makes you wonder how badly they will cope when in a tense battle with one or two other drivers.