Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting grid problems
Hi,
 Not sure if this is the right place for this but here it goes.
 Made my first race today at Porsche´s AC, 22:00h GMT. 
 In the precise moment of starting the race, all cars desappiared, then they came back causing a crash, cause everyone was on the move, and including me who provoke penalty for false start (someone hit me before green lights).
 What could it be the problem here?
Lag, latency issues? Overloaded server?

Have not seen this happen myself for years.
Had something like that happen some time ago, server lagged right before the start which made one car move straight ahead and crash into cars: https://youtu.be/Wk9oyOMXfKQ?t=12m40s
It's definitely latency issues or server overload. It could be some player lagging or if all cars do it then it could be you or server overload. AC servers and it's netcode tend to go crazy when some people run too many servers with too many players connected on a single machine causing CPU bottleneck probably and subsequent server lag, also server apps can eat performance.

The French KMR servers tend to be a bit overloaded sometimes and don't seem to be on a very good connection but warps like this are rare even there.

In gaming, each "node" is running their own virtual reality, the higher the lag the more apart they are in time and their predictions cause more warping. It's similar to FPS games with: I shot him but it didn't register, or he shot me from behind a corner, or you shoot him he runs behind a corner and then dies, or you try to shoot in front of enemy but it registers only sometimes depending on how much enemy is lagging, sometimes hits are registered by clients, sometimes by server, sometimes they are confirmed by server, sometimes it's a mix of all.

One car warping, usually it's some lagger. Not that uncommon on public and especially on SRS when people are not sensible and connect to servers on other continents.