Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Qualtimes not correct.
Thursday, on lap 2 in qual, I was behind Luke Sky. The distance between us was about the same through the lap, but Luke got a 1.5 second faster laptime. Today, at Spa, in qual I made a 2.35.2, but it came up that I had done a 2.34.3 lap. I am not even close to 2.34.3, at my best I do a low 2.35. I know for a fact that this must be wrong timing. Is there a problem with the timing? I got P2 because of this, undeserved.
Erik
Had the same issue some time back, it's because AC counts your outlap as a valid lap. On Spa you don't have to drive the "La Source" hairpin when comming out of the pits thats why you are 1sec faster
(07-13-2018, 11:54 AM)Jaroslav Černý Wrote:  
(07-12-2018, 10:26 PM)Simon Merritt Wrote:  Hi there just raced 1h green hell. It was my first ever race where I have had to pit. Got majorly caught out as there was a limit of 41l which I managed to find out after missing start and having to start from pit. How can I find out limits like this prior to race?

I would like to know too where these specific server settings are being shown to the participants as often IMHO they are not. Often even the SRS join page can have incorrect info and even incorrectly scheduled sessions have already happened for some series.
The whole fixed setup and any related lock or BOP settings should be in OP of the series thread. But there are no official series threads to look into for that Sad

(07-13-2018, 09:12 PM)Nick Bauer Wrote:  Had the same issue some time back, it's because AC counts your outlap as a valid lap. On Spa you don't have to drive the "La Source" hairpin when comming out of the pits thats why you are 1sec faster

So you can floor the gas on your outlap and out qualify those aliens that don't know that bug? How does it even time the outlap if you haven't crossed the S/F line? Usually people try to warm up their tire during that. Oh my...
**It would be close to even be able to go faster on 96-97% grip even if you start with a head start compared to 100% grip.

I had a very funny issue back in 2015.
It turned out it was a PC timing issue and I thought it was maybe a Motherboard battery but in the end I did a huge virus scan and clearout and it fixed it.
I was doing laps 1-2 seconds quicker on the standings and timings but I was dropping away from the drivers in front. I knew I was doing those times appearing for me but I seemed to be going backwards compared to those doing slower times. I thought I was going mad and I was getting told my times must be wrong and I was just slower Big Grin. Still don't fully understand what was causing it but it showed that weird shit like that is possible.
(07-13-2018, 09:12 PM)Yes, I had the position in the pits closest to the exit, and I started driving at once the qual did open, so that might be the explanation. Does not seem fair though... if you are placed further back in the pits this will not be possible, takes to long to exit....ErikNick Bauer Wrote:  Had the same issue some time back, it's because AC counts your outlap as a valid lap. On Spa you don't have to drive the "La Source" hairpin when comming out of the pits thats why you are 1sec faster

(07-13-2018, 10:33 PM)Neil de Guzman Wrote:  
(07-13-2018, 11:54 AM)Jaroslav Černý Wrote:  
(07-12-2018, 10:26 PM)Simon Merritt Wrote:  Hi there just raced 1h green hell. It was my first ever race where I have had to pit. Got majorly caught out as there was a limit of 41l which I managed to find out after missing start and having to start from pit. How can I find out limits like this prior to race?

I would like to know too where these specific server settings are being shown to the participants as often IMHO they are not. Often even the SRS join page can have incorrect info and even incorrectly scheduled sessions have already happened for some series.
The whole fixed setup and any related lock or BOP settings should be in OP of the series thread. But there are no official series threads to look into for that Sad

(07-13-2018, 09:12 PM)Nick Bauer Wrote:  Had the same issue some time back, it's because AC counts your outlap as a valid lap. On Spa you don't have to drive the "La Source" hairpin when comming out of the pits thats why you are 1sec faster

So you can floor the gas on your outlap and out qualify those aliens that don't know that bug? How does it even time the outlap if you haven't crossed the S/F line? Usually people try to warm up their tire during that. Oh my...

I guess you can, yes, but you have to be in the end of the pitlane to this. I have a 725 ranking, so I usually get placed at the nearest exit. It gives the high ranked drivers a big advantage.
(07-14-2018, 08:03 AM)Erik Hanoy Wrote:  
(07-13-2018, 09:12 PM)Yes, I had the position in the pits closest to the exit, and I started driving at once the qual did open, so that might be the explanation. Does not seem fair though... if you are placed further back in the pits this will not be possible, takes to long to exit....ErikNick Bauer Wrote:  Had the same issue some time back, it's because AC counts your outlap as a valid lap. On Spa you don't have to drive the "La Source" hairpin when comming out of the pits thats why you are 1sec faster

(07-13-2018, 10:33 PM)Neil de Guzman Wrote:  
(07-13-2018, 11:54 AM)Jaroslav Černý Wrote:  

(07-13-2018, 09:12 PM)Nick Bauer Wrote:  Had the same issue some time back, it's because AC counts your outlap as a valid lap. On Spa you don't have to drive the "La Source" hairpin when comming out of the pits thats why you are 1sec faster

I guess you can, yes, but you have to be in the end of the pitlane to this. I have a 725 ranking, so I usually get placed at the nearest exit. It gives the high ranked drivers a big advantage.
You can't expect to be faster on the first lap @ 95-97% grip, Maybe wait till grip builds up to 98-99% then try it.
Yep I have seen this before too, it doesn't happen with many tracks, in fact Spa is the only one I can think of right now, but really it is an AC bug that cars coming out of the pitlane dont have their quali lap invalidated. I don't think SRS can do anything about it.