Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caterham's driving wheel side
Send ben a screenshot/video description with the steering wheel issues so he can replicate it and fix.
Performance is lower than stock content on most mod cars. It has to do with AC's poor behavior when it comes to drawcalls, ever noticed your FPS drops to 50% compared to singleplayer? Yeah AC is heavily CPU bottlenecked Sad
The Caterhams, most of them, retain edit ability for Ben and have more individual objects = most likely more calls to draw them = more CPU needed. It's an extra work to do on each car/variant for Ben to "flatten" them. There are now 7 variants? Yeah about that many, so you can imagine it's a lot of work exporting them, making LODs and doing all that for Ben. For me with physics, I can automate something but I have to write/make the automation.
It's worse than stock cars but it's not that bad when I tested it. Ben knows, Ben tries. I've tested the impact of physics detail on FPS/CPU and it was minimal/nonexistent as expected.
Oh, thank you guys! I'll check the cameras. That may be it!
Steering wheel issue in the LODs for the RHD car were reported a couple of times in the support thread already, it looks like (once from me, even). Smile
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Hello, I´m trying to enter in the caterham race but I haven´t content missing. I downloaded the car but I doesn´t find it. I haven´t any problem with another mods (Ginetta, Seat Leon, etc)

Thank you
Gerson, just download the Caterham mod form the mods list thread and install as usual. It worked fine for me.

Back to the cameras and the driving wheel, apparently there is a driver view, sitting on the left side and holding the wheel on the, actually, left side, as expected; but there is no same view without wheel. The view without the wheel is sitting on the right side, which is not the right side, but what is left, right? ;-)

So usually I expect two cameras in any car: the driver view, including wheel, and an extra view without wheel, so that I can fantasize that my wheel is that of the car and go even deeper in the simulation. In this mod, both cameras are there, but they are sitting on different sides.

On more constructive criticism, I have also experience huge framedrop at the beginning of the races, with many cars on screen, which is surprising for me.

Thanks for your support, guys.
Yeah LHD cockpit cam is fine but the dash cam is on the wrong side... Which means I can choose LHD and still be British lol Big Grin

Such a fun car to drive though and even more fun to drift!
(06-19-2018, 03:53 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Steering wheel issue in the LODs for the RHD car were reported a couple of times in the  support thread already, it looks like (once from me, even). Smile

I will try put it on a TODO list and mention it to Ben with my update.

(06-19-2018, 06:49 PM)Javier Malonda Wrote:  Gerson, just download the Caterham mod form the mods list thread and install as usual. It worked fine for me.

Back to the cameras and the driving wheel, apparently there is a driver view, sitting on the left side and holding the wheel on the, actually, left side, as expected; but there is no same view without wheel. The view without the wheel is sitting on the right side, which is not the right side, but what is left, right?   ;-)

So usually I expect two cameras in any car: the driver view, including wheel, and an extra view without wheel, so that I can fantasize that my wheel is that of the car and go even deeper in the simulation. In this mod, both cameras are there, but they are sitting on different sides.

On more constructive criticism, I have also experience huge framedrop at the beginning of the races, with many cars on screen, which is surprising for me.

Thanks for your support, guys.

I know what you mean a dashcam. Ben probably updated the driver cam but not dashcam as it's in a separate file, oh yeah AC is that messy that cameras are split defined in multiple files...  Undecided

A big amount of cars on screen has always been an issue with AC even with stock content, such last AE86 Tuned race on server 2:
Certain laps when I drove on Nurburgring into turn 3 I saw majority of the field suddenly in turn 1 and even though the cars were behind a barrier and should not really be rendered but because AC doesn't remove them in software and leaves the culling onto GPU itself it needs a crap ton of CPU performance mostly single threaded to upload all the cars/objects to GPU and as such it can cause stutter and sudden FPS drops.
Similar thing if you are starting toward rear of the field and see many cars in front of you on start, it has to upload all those cars to GPU and having aggressive LODs doesn't really help resolve this as it's not a GPU issue  it's a CPU one of uploading to GPU.

The older Caterhams have more objects and most likely AC then uses more calls to upload them to GPU than they could have, it's an extra work for Ben to flatten/reduce the number of objects and when he's doing some updates later to the models he does need these objects separate.

I think you should be able to define temporarily or even permanently a new driver cam that's for sure possible but also the dashcam in AC with it's apps, maybe you need devapp enabled but all the cameras can be adjusted inside AC in game and saved though I'm not sure if they will save permanently for ACD packed cars. You can try, maybe it will define them as a user view in user folder same as it does with driver cam.
Just wanted to stop by and say thank you to Mr SRS for putting up a car like this, man does it provide some close racing! Also many thanks to the creators - look forward to the next update if this is only a WIP lol!

I don't think I have ever had as much side by side action as in this car, just had a race where for 10mins was side by side, CONSTANTLY, absolutely epic racing. I have seen 3 wide and even sometimes 4 wide and also very clean racing from where I have seen, magnificent stuff! The other day I watched 1st to 3rd battle for the whole race solidly, and today I battled side by side backwards and forwards over half the race, thanks Laszlo and Michael for an epic run there!

See you on the track Smile
(06-28-2018, 06:49 PM)Alex Leif Wrote:  Just wanted to stop by and say thank you to Mr SRS for putting up a car like this, man does it provide some close racing! Also many thanks to the creators - look forward to the next update if this is only a WIP lol!

I don't think I have ever had as much side by side action as in this car, just had a race where for 10mins was side by side, CONSTANTLY, absolutely epic racing. I have seen 3 wide and even sometimes 4 wide and also very clean racing from where I have seen, magnificent stuff! The other day I watched 1st to 3rd battle for the whole race solidly, and today I battled side by side backwards and forwards over half the race, thanks Laszlo and Michael for an epic run there!

Yes that race is getting more side by side action up front than I've ever seen...was beautiful....times were so close. replay here> https://acstuff.ru/s/RBdjJmbnFrNWl5dXJld3Yz ( I did it yesterday with some guy's first ever race @ SRS so i hope he's happy)..but to do it with Laszlo and you was definitely the best and fastest laps I've ever done. 1:54.96 best lap ever for me. http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=3674
(06-28-2018, 08:34 PM)Michael Butler Wrote:  
(06-28-2018, 06:49 PM)Alex Leif Wrote:  Just wanted to stop by and say thank you to Mr SRS for putting up a car like this, man does it provide some close racing! Also many thanks to the creators - look forward to the next update if this is only a WIP lol!

Yes that race is getting more side by side action up front than I've ever seen...was beautiful....times were so close. replay here>  https://acstuff.ru/s/RBdjJmbnFrNWl5dXJld3Yz    ( I did it yesterday with some guy's first ever race @ SRS so i hope he's happy)..but to do it with Laszlo and you was definitely the best and fastest laps I've ever done. 1:54.96  best lap ever for me.    http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=3674

I enjoyed this crazy race too... After Q (1:54.1 without slipstream) I didn't expect that Smile I screwed up my start and Alex could overtake me...After that there was one of you next to me in almost every turn ...Slipstream battle for the whole race... That reminds me the Crazy Shelyby Cora race át Monza66... 

And what a finish Michael! I managed to overtake you by 2 milisecundum :Smile (and achieved 900+ rating with this Smile )