Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions
If you want more "raceroomers" in SRS, IMO, please watch these notes:
   - Car Clases priority with daily races (20m lenght): GT3, WTCC, PORSCHE CUP, DTM, and perhaps one Open Wheel.
   - Avoid exotic car clases like M1, NSU, etc. 
   - 1h race lenght is too long. For example, Porsche Cup in Road A. looks great for 20m, but 1h lenght... boring race. 
   The first season was the best.

Cheers.
You are right but everytime GTR3 or DTM is only boring!
Checking the forums of Sector3, you are absolutely right.
The majority of people who do not join SRS is for the categories, although it is true that the service has just started and that the admin will have to be tested to see which categories attract the most simracers.
Rafael hit the nail on the head. Raceroom is still relatively new to SRS so it will take a while to see what works and what doesn't. This is made more difficult due to Sector3's shoddy business model, which is a shame because it's a good sim.
Since you are at it add a 21:00 race SINCE ITS PEAK HOUR ! One easy way to have always max players at every hour would be 24/7 gtr3 races!
But seriously. Anything else than GTR3, WTCC and modern DTM is wasting time. The TT cup and the dtm92 were also super popular on the first season but lost lots of players towards the end compared to gt3.
But hey you just know next season you will be getting FRX, Porsche cayman, the xbow or some crap like that, you can see it from a mile away..... Gonna keep racing on AC for new since they seem to be less creative there.
As Andy said you should focus on popular categories first. For exampla the WTCC 2013 season offers really good cars and they are not hard to drive. FR3 also a good choice and the old DTM cars were always enjoyable. 
But first of all joining the game by app must be very easy. I just heled one of my friend who could not because of  Vista compability issue. The number of racers on RRE events dramatically dropped after updating the app.
(06-16-2018, 02:29 PM)Erik Mammel Wrote:  As Andy said you should focus on popular categories first. For exampla the WTCC 2013 season offers really good cars and they are not hard to drive. FR3 also a good choice and the old DTM cars were always enjoyable. 
But first of all joining the game by app must be very easy. I just heled one of my friend who could not because of  Vista compability issue. The number of racers on RRE events dramatically dropped after updating the app.

The wtcc 2013 is a great example of a series that will be likely introduced next season and would most likely fail! Yes these cars are amazing but NO ONE RACES THEM!!! The 2013 cars are not a common purchase at all. And if the wtcc cars are not that common ... oh boy the f3 would be even worse. Its not even the "pro" pack of raceroom. Would be like the m1 cup. Not even 1 oficial race during the week.
Also the number of racers didn't actually drop ... Look the gt3 and wtcc 2017. All races had 2 or more servers. Seems pretty popular to me. The problem is the actual series being very unpopular.
SRS has to concentrate on the most popular content raced.
My suggestion would be.
The 3 daily series.
1 - 100% free race. Silhuette with Algarve (3 variants of the track), raceroom raceway (2 variants) and the crazy race at Stowe (Silhuette at stowe are actually fun).
2 - DTM 92 (with a Mk Motorsport love story again)
3 - WTCC 2015/16/17 (important to have all!) at the most popular tracks, Monza, Hockenheim , Suzuka , Nurburgring , Brands Hatch  , Zandvoort.
These races always fill lobbies in public servers, it would fill up in srs for sure too.

Then the hour races with gt3 obviously. Or since SRS really likes to take the piss and get all creative they could do gt2 since its in the starter pack.

And then all the cool series that srs does any way. Porsche cup is ways popular with 20 min races. TT cup was also popular. Modern DTM too. The NSU, GTO, FRJ and G5 are also nice options since they are apart of the starter pack. Here you could do some of these older cars like DTM 2013 and WTCC 2013.

AC looks awesome this season. I hope RaceRoom gets some propper series this time.

One cool idea would be a VLN race every weekend and instead of changing the track the car would change. So it could be for example GT3, WTCC , DTM92 , TT RS VLN ,  Pcup and the NSU. This would be cool since the nordschleife is super popular in raceroom. Later when raceroom adds rolling starts mabie multiclass for some real VLN'ness guess.
(06-17-2018, 07:15 PM)Almor R Sousa Wrote:  My suggestion would be.
The 3 daily series.
1 - 100% free race. Silhuette with Algarve (3 variants of the track), raceroom raceway (2 variants) and the crazy race at Stowe (Silhuette at stowe are actually fun). 
2 - DTM 92 (with a Mk Motorsport love story again) 
3 - WTCC 2015/16/17 (important to have all!) at the most popular tracks, Monza, Hockenheim , Suzuka , Nurburgring , Brands Hatch  , Zandvoort. 
These races always fill lobbies in public servers, it would fill up in srs for sure too.

Then the hour races with gt3 obviously. Or since SRS really likes to take the piss and get all creative they could do gt2 since its in the starter pack. 

And then all the cool series that srs does any way. Porsche cup is ways popular with 20 min races. TT cup was also popular. Modern DTM too. The NSU, GTO, FRJ and G5 are also nice options since they are apart of the starter pack. Here you could do some of these older cars like DTM 2013 and WTCC 2013.

AC looks awesome this season. I hope RaceRoom gets some propper series this time. 

One cool idea would be a VLN race every weekend and instead of changing the track the car would change. So it could be for example GT3, WTCC , DTM92 , TT RS VLN ,  Pcup and the NSU. This would be cool since the nordschleife is super popular in raceroom. Later when raceroom adds rolling starts mabie multiclass for some real VLN'ness guess.

I like all of your ideas basically, just the n°1 I would pick another free car since the silhuette raced this season, like the Aquila CR1, it's slow enough to provide some close racing (and I think we need a "slow car" daily serie, NSU despite the low partecipation, always provide some nice close racing) and still quite challenging to push hard... plus this free serie should be publicized by big Youtubers as much as the first R3E app launch was... 6 weeks of competition completely for free I think would get not just a lot of racers into SRS, but maybe even newcomers into sim-racing itself...

Another thing I can think about is maybe broadcasting "prime time" daily series (16-17-19-21 GMT)? R3E should have the instruments to do that, but I don't know if it is technically doable... my guess is it would make people who want to show-off a bit (and who doesn't, even just sometimes) join the race....

Let's hope we'll get some better numbers next season, SRS is surely working on that already, hopefully we are providing some unconsidered, crazy ideas to seriously work on here...
I get the feeling that the best season in terms of participation was the first. Something logical for being the novelty.
Every time I see more clearly that the Raceroom community does not need SRS, the communities and private championships are enough. It is an opinion.