Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you feeling overrated?
Big Grin
Are you feeling overrated?
Does your incident average feels just too low?
And you just don't want to go through all the trouble of making all those mistakes yourself ?
No worries...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb6yNPkdL0M

( Was feeling bored, out of luck on track lately and needed to delete a lot of replays, so i made this compilation. Hope that at least it's educational. )
I can't tell if you are just unlucky to have these guys all around you, or this is just the law of large numbers and you participate in way WAY more races than I do. Big Grin

I'm assuming you typically race with a radar of some sort and just turned all that off for the purposes of the video? Not that I saw one incident in there that looked like your fault... but still.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
this is like i got -27 (-3 after finisch and on purpose) in yesterday GT3 race
(05-27-2018, 02:16 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  I can't tell if you are just unlucky to have these guys all around you, or this is just the law of large numbers and you participate in way WAY more races than I do. Big Grin

I'm assuming you typically race with a radar of some sort and just turned all that off for the purposes of the video? Not that I saw one incident in there that looked like your fault... but still.

Yes, of course. I use mirrors, car radar and track map, but most of all my eyes!  Big Grin
Must try to find a crystal ball app soon. Maybe that would help. Wink
That's a lot of "it's not safe on the outside!" nice pit entry at 2:10 Big Grin

What's the track in the wood at 4:45, was it on SRS?
(05-27-2018, 06:22 PM)James Blint Wrote:  What's the track in the wood at 4:45, was it on SRS?

I believe that was the infamous Lancia Fulvia race at Donington Park 1938. A real party.

Alfonso, the accumulation had me laugh sometimes but many of those are really really nasty, condolances...
This is the reason why I'm not doing anymore 20 min races here xD
Intel i5-8400 @2,80GHz | ASUS-Prime Z370-P | 16GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX1060 6GB | LG 23,8" 1920x1080 | Win10 Ultimate | Logitech Driving Force GT
(05-27-2018, 08:06 PM)Pierre Caillet Wrote:  
(05-27-2018, 06:22 PM)James Blint Wrote:  What's the track in the wood at 4:45, was it on SRS?

I believe that was the infamous Lancia Fulvia race at Donington Park 1938. A real party.

Alfonso, the accumulation had me laugh sometimes but many of those are really really nasty, condolances...
======================================================================================================================
Yap, that is correct. Donington Park 1938. One that i shouldn't have entered.
Hehehe, yes, the goal was to give a light, kind of a comic look to it, but at the same time perhaps give also something to reflect on, regarding contact in SRS and most importantly his long term effect. But tks for the condolences. (Tkt, pas grave,Mdr.)
I find that GT3 races tend to be the sloppiest.

I posted in another thread, but, I essentially sand bag now. There's no point in qualifying if you're not going to be in the top 5. Chances are that if you qualify anywhere from 6 - 17, you're going to get taken out in T1, T2, T3, and first long straight with a heavy braking zone in the first lap.

I just hang back and qualify at >18+ and drive around the carnage. If someone is behind me, I let them pass. If they're faster, they'll pull away. If i'm faster, I can likely apply enough pressure to force and error and make them miss a braking zone or spin out.

1.188 incident average after 42 starts.

I'm hoping for some 90s DTM for the 1hour long races next season, or maybe Group-5 racing. The less forgiving older cars that don't have any built in traction control tend to weed out more of the sloppy drivers- that said, axing out ABS tends to make everyone crash. hahaha.
I've had some fairly good luck qualifying mid pack, but there's been plenty of carnage there too in my many starts. Had I known I was going to deep dive into SRS, I would have kept better records and could validate your claim (or not).

That said, some of my most entertaining races were ones where I could never get a clean qualifying lap due to whatever reason, and spend 20 minutes zooming passed people like I'm playing Pole Position back at the arcade as a child. Frankly it's good practice passing safely, and it's good practice for slower drivers to get passed safely. If I finish top 10 I call that a win in my book, no matter where I qualify.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz