Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incident average based on race duration
If all races were 20min the actual system would be ok, but with 1h races, people who race 1h races will look more "Dirty" to the system than people who makes 20min races.

It should be weighted to race duration, so Inc. Avg/20min or Inc Avg/h
You have a point. Try a 1 hour race at the Nordschleife!
Maybe rather doubling the points would be fair for 3 times the duration of 20m sprint races, but not reducing the incidents. If you take down someone, there s no reasons for it to cost less in a 1h race and most contacts happen in the first or second lap. Last 1h race i did on the Nordschleife all incidents i think were from people wrecking on their own.
(05-16-2018, 03:50 PM)Javier Malonda Wrote:  You have a point. Try a 1 hour race at the Nordschleife!

A friend told me that he got a week of BAN after a 1h race on Nordschleife ...

(05-16-2018, 04:27 PM)James Blint Wrote:  Maybe rather doubling the points would be fair for 3 times the duration of 20m sprint races, but not reducing the incidents. If you take down someone, there s no reasons for it to cost less in a 1h race and most contacts happen in the first or second lap. Last 1h race i did on the Nordschleife all incidents i think were from people wrecking on their own.

Yesterday I had 6 indicents, and I only had contact once, someone hit me on the back on the 2nd turn, because I stopped accelerating after some was blinking in front of me.

The other 5 incidents I guess they where just offtracks.

I was having 2 of incicent average, and now that I'm making long races, my average is growing a lot
Incidents in AC is collisions with physics objects. Walls, Cars, and on some tracks, billboards, corner distance markers, and even traffic cones. Of course, your one contact with another car might have been multiple in quick succession or something... who knows? But just going off track (like iRacing) doesn't increase your count.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(05-17-2018, 10:56 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Incidents in AC is collisions with physics objects. Walls, Cars, and on some tracks, billboards, corner distance markers, and even traffic cones. 

Good to know ...

I still think that the incident average should be done otherwise, not per race, on longer races you have more probality of having more of those indicents
I'm already thinking about the incident count in Ferrari F138 series Monaco 1h race.. Tongue
BTW, it would be a nice idea also that incidents in first lap count x2 ... or x3 ...