Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alfa GTA
Is there a setup for New Jersey anywhere or a good base setup for all tracks ?
I will post mine when I get home. It is basically default with full negative front camber, gearing set to redline in 5th gear on the straight, one click softer front springs, one click harder rear springs. It understeers a little on power, oversteers off power, so probably needs a diff adjustment...
I put my GTA setup on Setup Market under username funked1.  I attached a zip also. I don't think it is really much better than stock, but it helped my friend Mark Forte, so who knows...

Attached Files
.zip   r20.zip (Size: 523 bytes / Downloads: 33)
I followed your instructions on your second post for the race this morning, as well as fiddled with the differential. I did get better lap times than with stock, but I'm not sure if that was me just learning the car on this track or if it was improvements to the setup. What I do know is that this car is so unresponsive I have to be able to see into the future to avoid anything out of the ordinary happening in front of me. Doesn't help that people dive bomb the inside in this thing like they are driving an F1 car. The moment someone does something risky, if I didn't see it coming a good 5 seconds ahead of time, there's no chance I can avoid what is to come. :\
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
I find that the car is much more controllable with higher tyre pressure and harder suspension. I'm not as fast as Mike or Laszlo, but through quite a bit of luck I've won enough races to lead the championship at the moment.   Huh

I've attached my setup.

Attached Files
.zip   njmp_lightning.zip (Size: 587 bytes / Downloads: 35)
I like the feel of that setup.
I am still a faster with my current setup, but it is very neutral and tiring to drive.
But I think anyone who wants a more "modern" handling feel would do better with your setup.
For Donington I'm using pretty much the same setup as above. I've shortened final gear ratio one click, and I'm also experimenting with a slightly harder suspension. I did a 1:55.5 this morning, but I'm hoping to get into the 54s - which you probably need to win races. Undecided