Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The JM Ferrari F138 Challenge
Star 
Hello, all my SRS friends,

I'm pleased to announce that I'll be running the F138 on Fridays! We're in for one hell of a season, with some fun tracks and a daunting 1hr special! 

Feel free to chat away here about the series/setups/the races, and here's a wee trailer for you! 

See you on track!

Josh

If you need skins, the good man Russel Sobie has a good guide!

(05-10-2018, 08:25 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Content Manager to the rescue... You can create both a Wireframe and an Ambient Occlusion layer for making a 2D template fairly easily. Check out the "Preparing Your Own Template" section from my "Skinning from Nothing" tutorial here!

http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=2249
Will be good
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
Brilliant to see Suzuka on the schedule, might have to give an aero car a go.
hmm i am not so optimistic, this car will attract too many "drivers" as we see with F2004 where i after 2 races give up because get 5 hits in 20 minutes isnt in what i am interested , crash ratio is too high in such a cars Sad
Oh Yeah, this will be great!!! Good job!
Cant wait to see you in my rear view mirror :-) :-)
Regards Erik

(05-05-2018, 04:04 PM)Michal Janak Wrote:  hmm i am not so optimistic, this car will attract too many "drivers" as we see with F2004 where i after 2 races give up because get 5 hits in 20 minutes isnt in what i am interested , crash ratio is too high in such a cars Sad
(05-05-2018, 04:04 PM)Michal Janak Wrote:  hmm i am not so optimistic, this car will attract too many "drivers" as we see with F2004 where i after 2 races give up because get 5 hits in 20 minutes isnt in what i am interested , crash ratio is too high in such a cars Sad

The entry rating is set at 500 - I doubt we'll have an issue.
I'm really looking forward to this. I love open wheelers and it's nice to something other than the usual Tatuus, F2004 or Dallara F3 being chosen.
Thanks Josh this looks brilliant! Absolutely love the trailer too, great stuff Big Grin

I've yet to drive this one so you've given me the perfect reason to get back into some f1 driving. I've no idea how to set this thing up though so if anyone has any setups they'd like to share I'd be very grateful!
so difficult to setup modern F1 (too much things are changable), then the DRS, i tested F138 fist time , on Imola, whole lap only changing gears, so hard to find time to use drs , no joy this car, i like F1 before active undercarriage and too much electronic , so up to approx 1980
How do you mean you are running the series? Is this some kind of sponsorship thing or are you a part of the crew here?

Hope I can get into some races even though Friday nights are a bit impractical for me Smile
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020