Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A suggestion for next seasons 1 hour races
Hi Admins!
The 200% tyre wear and 165% fuel rate have been great in the GT1 series, but I would make one suggestion...
Could we reduce the tyre wear a bit? Maybe down to 170%? At the moment the only strategy is Hard Tyres for 30mins and then swap to another set. I think it could make the series a bit more interesting if there was the option to do a long stint on the Hard tyres and a shorter faster stint on the Mediums.
This could shake up the strategy a bit in the races
tyre wear reduction is planned
I loved the fuel and tire rate bumps for those races this season. Now I guess it's a case of tweaking them until you find the sweet spot. That's the tricky part though seeing as different cars have different use and wear rates along with different tank sizes and tire change times.

It's great that you're always moving forward and trying to improve things, lots of respect for that!
The only tricky bit I found was that you could not practice off line with the 165% fuel rate.

If the tyre rate is changed as well to 170% that wont be possible to replicate either.
(05-01-2018, 10:46 PM)Tim Cullingworth Wrote:  The only tricky bit I found was that you could not practice off line with the 165% fuel rate.

If the tyre rate is changed as well to 170% that wont be possible to replicate either.

With the default AC UI that's true, which is a shame. You can replicate it with Content Manager though as it has more options.
(05-01-2018, 09:21 PM)Andy Long Wrote:  Hi Admins!
The 200% tyre wear and 165% fuel rate have been great in the GT1 series, but I would make one suggestion...
Could we reduce the tyre wear a bit? Maybe down to 170%? At the moment the only strategy is Hard Tyres for 30mins and then swap to another set. I think it could make the series a bit more interesting if there was the option to do a long stint on the Hard tyres and a shorter faster stint on the Mediums.
This could shake up the strategy a bit in the races

great idea Andy, 200% is too much

thanks admins that you plan to consider it

Peter

(05-01-2018, 10:46 PM)Tim Cullingworth Wrote:  The only tricky bit I found was that you could not practice off line with the 165% fuel rate.

I am running AC training servers with the required settings (including stracker to see some results)
In case you like to join - send me a PM
I think I will do this again for the next championship

Ciao
Peter
(05-01-2018, 09:42 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  tyre wear reduction is planned

awesome, when will the new series be announced?
Is there a possibility to reduce the amount of time that's needed for changing the tires?

The current time is insanely long and with faster tire changes more tactical options would be possible as well. A fast stint with medium tires would have been already possible at Barbagallo, for example, if the time spent in the pits wouldn't be so long.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
I don't know how it's implemented, I mean I don't know where to look. But my race yesterday I pitted 2 times since fuel tank seems leaking, I used up 150 liters of fuel for 1 hour race. Usually it only requires 76 to 84 liters. So yeah! Now I know... Tyre wear seems unchanged though.
In GT3, the ratios make a good balance, i could think of at least 3 main strategies with variations on the refuel which may or may not take longer than changing the tyres in some cases. I needed at least 200l with the maca, probably less for some other cars, but it starts to really make a difference if you are loaded with a full tank of fuel or not.

It's much better than with the 235i endurance series where it was just hard + 1l of fuel.