Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Modena Fast, a ridiculous track...
Okey, I know we are not allowed to discuss race incidents, so I will not do that. But to schedule the Modena Fast in the Tatuus Championship does not look like a good idea. I was up in second place, and was rammed by the car that I lapped. Then down to 10th place, and the mayhem could really start. I was trying to be careful, but it didnt help, cars crashed in front of me, into me from the back, it was just a total mayhem. To do the Tatuues on this track should be at an over 500.
This has nothing to do with racing, to many unskilled drivers who tries impossible overtakes, drives without a brake pedal and I am not sure if they really understand the concept of racing.
Christian
100% support this ^
I totally agree that Modena isn't really a good fit for the Tatuus but restricting an ongoing serie for drivers above 500 would seem quite unfair against decent drivers below that limit.

My humble opinion is limiting the field size per server (to e.g. 12 cars) would be a better solution:
1. Less drivers = less chance for carnage
2. Server1 would most likely have all drivers above rating 500
1. Less drivers = less racing
2. Server 1 at night is often populated by new drivers.

500 might be a bit high but decent drivers, if they really are that, will progress quickly (and show they're committed at the same time).
I haven't tried Modena yet but Bridgehampton was not exactly a resounding success. There are just too many new drivers arriving all the time, they all do the same mistakes and it's never going to stop. It's okay to learn but yes, rating categories seem more and more necessary.
Haha, restricting the series to rating of 500 (or 400, 300, whatever) would not cause less drivers?
24 cars in a small track like Modena is a bit insane. Pile-ups pretty much guaranteed. That was my main point above.

Don't get me wrong: i'm not against a system where certain series require a minimum driver rating. But such requirements should be announced at the same time when the series themselves are announced.
And Tatuus series should not be restricted as it's a rookie open wheel car i reckon.
Driver rating restrictions should be limited to the start of a season and only for cars that are really tough to drive.

Driver rating also doesn't show how clean a driver is. Over the last 3 weeks most of the issues I've had is from drivers with 500+ rating who are fast but possess no overtaking skill or patience...
What's with that track? It's like people have to hand in their brains before they enter a race there.

It's really a shame though because the track is quite fun.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
(04-23-2018, 04:48 PM)Christian Michelsen Wrote:  Okey, I know we are not allowed to discuss race incidents, so I will not do that. But to schedule the Modena Fast in the Tatuus Championship does not look like a good idea. I was up in second place, and was rammed by the car that I lapped. Then down to 10th place, and the mayhem could really start. I was trying to be careful, but it didnt help, cars crashed in front of me, into me from the back, it was just a total mayhem. To do the Tatuues on this track should be at an over 500.
This has nothing to do with racing, to many unskilled drivers who tries impossible overtakes, drives without a brake pedal and I am not sure if they really understand the concept of racing.
Christian

(04-23-2018, 04:48 PM)Christian Michelsen Wrote:  Okey, I know we are not allowed to discuss race incidents, so I will not do that. But to schedule the Modena Fast in the Tatuus Championship does not look like a good idea. I was up in second place, and was rammed by the car that I lapped. Then down to 10th place, and the mayhem could really start. I was trying to be careful, but it didnt help, cars crashed in front of me, into me from the back, it was just a total mayhem. To do the Tatuues on this track should be at an over 500.
Christian

I have been having a great time on this track.  One race marred by bad luck, but all in all some of the best close racing, and cleanest once the race settles.  Good racing
My experience there has been good, so far. I was able to avoid the turn one pileup that is normal for this series, and it was pretty clean after that, but my race only had about a dozen entrants. A field of 24 might make it a little tougher, but even the tracks that seemed to be the easiest have had really messy races. I haven't been able to qualify in the front, so I've usually been punted on the first lap in every race I've done in this series. The messy racing also means you can usually get back most of the places you lose in the first turn as drivers go off the track.
(04-25-2018, 03:19 AM)Andy Rohrer Wrote:  My experience there has been good, so far. I was able to avoid the turn one pileup that is normal for this series, and it was pretty clean after that, but my race only had about a dozen entrants. A field of 24 might make it a little tougher, but even the tracks that seemed to be the easiest have had really messy races. I haven't been able to qualify in the front, so I've usually been punted on the first lap in every race I've done in this series. The messy racing also means you can usually get back most of the places you lose in the first turn as drivers go off the track.

Yeah, right, I guess. I was able to avoid L1 carnage in the races before. But in that race I wasn’t and got sucked deeper and deeper into the lower-midfield swamp after L1 Big Grin

Strange when you get lapped by people you usually race with.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020