Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happens when you're alone in a race?
Just had my first 'race' on the platform. I was alone on the server. I see that it still counted toward my ratings, fastest laps, and whatnot.. If I had left I guess I would have been penalized?
Is it always like that? Seems like a bad thing.. Ratings won't mean much if people are racing alone on an empty circuit. Though I did manage to DNF all by myself lol.
If there are less than 6 people signed up for the race the results wont count. If there were just too many people signed up for one server and you are the only person who spills over to the second server then it counts.

Yes it is a bit rubbish that you end up racing on your own but this doesn't happen often. What often happens is that the second, or last, server has less drivers than the first ones.

This should be seen a a good thing as the less experienced drivers end up racing on an emptier track and can concentrate on getting a clean race in. This will improve your standing and you will end up being placed in fuller servers quite quickly.
Okay I see, it counts towards your rating but not towards the 'standings' in the series nor towards your championship or top 3 finishes..
6 People is a lot for the time of the day I race at "__''
I just ran my first race ever with SRS last night. I was alone and really embarrassed myself with my performance.  Several out of track limits and a couple of slowdowns, but I finished and let the system go til the final screen (I Think) after the podium (I was #1) and then exited.  My times were not very good either.  I find no indication that I raced at all.  It was at 6:00 pm PDT which I assume was the 18:00 or 20:00 race on 4-21.  What happened? BTW, it was the BMW 235i at Portimao (AIA).
(04-22-2018, 07:28 PM)David Wyatt Wrote:  I just ran my first race ever with SRS last night. I was alone and really embarrassed myself with my performance.  Several out of track limits and a couple of slowdowns, but I finished and let the system go til the final screen (I Think) after the podium (I was #1) and then exited.  My times were not very good either.  I find no indication that I raced at all.  It was at 6:00 pm PDT which I assume was the 18:00 or 20:00 race on 4-21.  What happened?

Read Tim's post above.
On this topic I thought I would add my experience from today:

Only 3 people registered for the 911 GT-1 Asia race, one guy left before the race started but I was happy to race 1v1 just for the fun of it.

Finished the entire race second and only had 1 incident point, so scored 95 (hit a wall Tongue ) but I actually lost ranking points (went from 743.704 to 743.582). Normally I would gain something from a second place, even if it was less than 6 people and therefore not counted towards the championship. Even in these cases I have always observed my rank points and incident rating change, whilst the number of races participated in stays the same.

But today it seems like I actually lost out from taking part in this race! Seems a little unexpected, is this behaviour as designed?
is not it because you finish last? (or 2nd from end? when 3 drivers sign for race)
I find it quite boring to race by myself. What happens when I am alone and I quit the race? Will I get a rating penalty? Because in the M235i races this happens quite regularly. It's a shame.
If I'm not wrong I think you can quit without penalty if there is less than 6 drivers, because results are not counted.
If your rating is good, even without incidents and after completed at least 3 laps, you can loose some rating, no points are counted for the race but it still counts as a race since the incidents count. Something that also happend to me once, just don't be tricked by the number of actual drivers on the track, more than 6 could have registered and had bailed or quit, sometimes you don't even realize it if you don't refresh until the last 5 minutes of the countdown. So better keep refreshing if there are less than like 10 people, some could quit just before the 5 min. I think it should be prevented to unregister in the last 10 minutes.