Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TT Cup setup 1:31:999
Yes sorry.. I meant 2.20/2.19

If the fast guys are doing 2.15/2.16 I am doomed.... I dont see how I can find 4 seconds......ugh....
(03-13-2018, 07:04 PM)Dauv McNeely Wrote:  Yes sorry.. I meant 2.20/2.19

If the fast guys are doing 2.15/2.16  I am doomed.... I dont see how I can find 4 seconds......ugh....

Doomed to fight it out against myself and many others around your pace
(03-13-2018, 05:43 PM)Erik Hanoy Wrote:  I wondering a bit about camber. If I want better grip in the curves, should I move the bar against left or right?
Will a value like -3.0 give me better grip in long turns than lets say -2.0?

when you hold your mouse over each setup category, it gives you a detailed explanation what it does if that helps you....more negative camber is not always more grip, especially since you only have a portion of rubber on the pavement....it will also increase braking distance. you have to look at temps and keep it with 10 degrees inside to outside i would think...testing, testing, and more testing.
The hover text for a lot of the setup stuff is fairly poorly worded, I have found. It doesn't help that people say things like "more negative camber" which is suprisingly easier to understand than "less camber". I can't remember which setup tip it is, but there's one in there that I think has words that change numerical value directions THREE TIMES in a single sentence. I wonder if there is a way to mod the text descriptions for setup options that are translated for people who know a whole lot more about how video games work than how cars work.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
What would be nice is to have a telemetry system like Atlas on iRacing where we could actually see plots of damper (and other various) movements over time against the map of the track. Adjusting dampers to work just enough to keep the car planted without hitting the bump stops is key to proper set up... Also, it shows you exactly where you get on and off throttle.... A very valuable bit of info indeed.

Does anything like that exist for Assetto Corsa?
(03-13-2018, 09:35 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  I can't remember which setup tip it is, but there's one in there that I think has words that change numerical value directions THREE TIMES in a single sentence
Yeah I think there's one that says 'will give more less grip'.

(03-13-2018, 11:14 PM)Dauv McNeely Wrote:  What would be nice is to have a telemetry system like Atlas on iRacing where we could actually see plots of damper (and other various) movements over time against the map of the track. Adjusting dampers to work just enough to keep the car planted without hitting the bump stops is key to proper set up... Also, it shows you exactly where you get on and off throttle.... A very valuable bit of info indeed.

Yeah even on Forza on the Xbox 360 there was live telemetry on screen showing suspension travel. A google for AC telemetry gives this: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/...face.3948/. Would be nice if it could have been built into the UI in the pits. Like max, min travel or the equivalent of a zip tie on the dampers.
How is better setup TC and ABS?
Personally i use ABS and no TC

my final setup for Road America.
2:18.608

Practice makes a big difference and braking early is key

.zip   road america.zip (Size: 724 bytes / Downloads: 51)
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
(03-13-2018, 11:14 PM)Dauv McNeely Wrote:  What would be nice is to have a telemetry system like Atlas on iRacing where we could actually see plots of damper (and other various) movements over time against the map of the track. Adjusting dampers to work just enough to keep the car planted without hitting the bump stops is key to proper set up... Also, it shows you exactly where you get on and off throttle.... A very valuable bit of info indeed.

Yeah even on Forza on the Xbox 360 there was live telemetry on screen showing suspension travel. A google for AC telemetry gives this: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/...face.3948/. Would be nice if it could have been built into the UI in the pits. Like max, min travel or the equivalent of a zip tie on the dampers.

what you need to do is use DEV apps that are built in. dev apps which aren't enabled by default. For that open assetto_corsa.ini and put enable dev apps 1, in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg..( don't forget to save any changes)....then when you're in drive mode just look on the right where all the other apps are and highlight the NEW dev apps that showed up, at least the ones you want.
(03-15-2018, 01:55 AM)Michael Butler Wrote:  
(03-13-2018, 11:14 PM)Dauv McNeely Wrote:  What would be nice is to have a telemetry system like Atlas on iRacing where we could actually see plots of damper (and other various) movements over time against the map of the track. Adjusting dampers to work just enough to keep the car planted without hitting the bump stops is key to proper set up... Also, it shows you exactly where you get on and off throttle.... A very valuable bit of info indeed.

what you need to do is use DEV apps that are built in. dev apps which aren't enabled by default. For that open assetto_corsa.ini and put enable dev apps 1, in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg..( don't forget to save any changes)....then when you're in drive mode just look on the right where all the other apps are and highlight the NEW dev apps that showed up, at least the ones you want.

Thanks Michael. I'll be trying this out tonight.