Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jordan 191
Well, at least it makes for compelling video?
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(03-03-2018, 09:34 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  anything less than 500 would be useless, so minimum rating is now set to 500.
High speed formulas will  always be problematic, even with minimum rating.
A min rating is needed but to do it half way through a season seems unfair. I have only run this series this season and I am 4th in the standings but now I won't be able to complete the season as my rating is only around 300. 
I have been smashed into as much as anyone as I usually qualify upper mid pack so I am constantly being rear ended at T1 but tbh a lot of the people losing control have a much higher rating than me.
Anyway just feels like I have wasted my time the past few weeks now that I can't finish the season.
I don't like to make changes in the middle of the season but I'm afraid there was no other option here...
You can still raise your rating on other series, getting up to 500 is not that hard and you have races every hour on 2 sims.
because of crasfest like this i quit the F1 2005 Ferrari, it was near the same like here in Jordan, i ended at monza in lap by error of other and the car was totaly useles, pitted, lost whole lap Sad

I am not the fastest but spend some time offline to learn the car on track and make basic setup, in races i usualy can avoit crashes in front but from back i ot hit then Sad

I have rating of 700 but incident average of 2.344 (all i collect in beginning when i was quite slow and qulified at 2nd half of field and it is usualy killing situation

at friday i Qualifyed 13th but in finish i was 4th because i was able to react fast and awoid all crashes
(03-03-2018, 11:47 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  I don't like to make changes in the middle of the season but I'm afraid there was no other option here...
You can still raise your rating on other series, getting up to 500 is not that hard and you have races every hour on 2 sims.

Hi there. I am concerned about this too, my current rating is 485. I had no incidents and won the first race at Monza, yet I am not able to compete again tonight. I understand the desire to do something, but this seems to adversely impact some people more than others.

How does my rating increase exactly? I only started racing 2/3 weeks ago, so I assume my rating will soon be over 500, but I can't find information anywhere that says exactly how fast this might happen.
but how you want solve this problem? overal rating isnt all telling, sometimes only people with plenty of time racing whole days collect so many point but are not able make 14 laps without x times offtrack or make bad calculated overtakins.

something like driver licences? some admins look at races and watch how people behave on track? i cant imagine how many people and time need to be spend in such a action
(03-04-2018, 03:21 PM)Max Teel Wrote:  
(03-03-2018, 11:47 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  I don't like to make changes in the middle of the season but I'm afraid there was no other option here...

Hi there. I am concerned about this too, my current rating is 485. I had no incidents and won the first race at Monza, yet I am not able to compete again tonight. I understand the desire to do something, but this seems to adversely impact some people more than others.

How does my rating increase exactly? I only started racing 2/3 weeks ago, so I assume my rating will soon be over 500, but I can't find information anywhere that says exactly how fast this might happen.

there is a "secret formula" for the rating, but it's something like point you did in a race / the rating you have now the result will add or remove points , a win without incident (102) will add you a lot of points, a DNF (0 points) will make you lose point.. with 485 point, in theory, every race you do were you do more 50 points, will improve your rating
Another possibility is that if a protest is lodged and up held there is some sort of negative effect on the racers ranking.
I have a rating less than 500 so cannot enter tonights race, to change the rules half way through is ridiculous, Monza is not a great track for online racing, last night I got took out at the first corner from pole on server 2 and I expected it to happen, are you trying to tell me that because the limit is now 500 there will be no more accidents, I don't think so. Please do the proper thing and take away the 500 limit until the start of the next season.
Cheers
(03-04-2018, 04:45 PM)Stefano Zanella Wrote:  
(03-04-2018, 03:21 PM)Max Teel Wrote:  

there is a "secret formula" for the rating, but it's something like point you did in a race / the rating you have now the result will add or remove points , a win without incident (102) will add you a lot of points, a DNF (0 points) will make you lose point.. with 485 point, in theory, every race you do were you do more 50 points, will improve your rating

Thank you so much Stefano, that is really helpful. I managed to just squeeze over the limit by doing two more races in quick succession.

I'm still a little uncertain as to why the rating would be the deciding factor rather than the incident avg? Seems the more logical option, unless this isn't feasible for some reason.