Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Views on exploiting the game??
AC's penalty system is schizophrenic at best. Sometimes it'll let you go wide because it (correctly) sees no actual advantage to it, and likely you are out there because you overshot an exit or, more likely for me, dodging a wreck. Other times, like all over Monza, you can "cut the chicane" because you were trampled over, or pushed out, or are simply dodging a 10 car pile up... and it gives you not one but TWO slow down penalties, the second one sometimes just requires 25 seconds and won't be satiated by getting under 35kph to clear it immediately.

It's dumb and I wish there were a better solution that was not server/client setup intensive (read: so dirt simple that SRS would jump at the chance to implement it instead of AC's nightmare).

So sadly you just have to allow other racers to exploit little gaps in the penalty construction on particular tracks like RB's turn 1. If it makes you feel any better, a few aliens have been on these forums saying that going super wide at T1 at Red Bull wasn't something that resulted in faster lap times for them. Granted, that might have been for particular cars; the Dallara F3 with a default setup really gets squirrely there if you take a tight line... so it might actually be somewhat beneficial to take a laughably wide line there.

I'll never know because I'm stubborn and insist on keeping two wheels in instead of looking like an imbecile, but unless SRS posts a rule on their regulations page that says you can't gain advantage by going out of bounds even if AC doesn't penalize, then I can't very well see it proper to bother filing a protest on it. And even if someone does file a protest, coming on the forums and saying "I filed a protest against Joe Bob Racer who was going wide and he got a warning/suspension/ban! It must be against the rules!" you'd be breaking the rules for discussing incidents. Big Grin
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz

Messages In This Thread
RE: Views on exploiting the game?? - by Russell Sobie - 11-21-2019, 02:20 AM