Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Faster in race than in qualify?
Sometimes (indeed, almost always) it happens that the personal best of the race is way better than the qualify lap.
For example, in the Austin Mini Cooper race at Magione (yesterday evening) the pole lap of Alex Nelson was 1:27.787, of Szilveszter Szoboszlai was 1:28.224 (3rd) and mine was 1:28.609 (6th)
In race, Nelson practically did the same laptime (1:27.799), Szoboszlai improved his laptime of around 6 tenths of a second (1:27.634) and mine was almost 7 tenths better (1:27.924)!
I want to know if that's a personal problem (in qualify you are concetrated only on your laptime, but in race you want to catch the guy in front of you, if you have one,  not caring about fastest lap) or a track behaviour (perhaps, as the laps go by, the track improves and therefore, even with the tires worn, you can improve your lap, in fact it happens that sometimes the personal best is done in the last laps)
An other thing, sometimes my PB in the server is way better than the lap i did in practice (for the track improvement with every lap? In practice i set the track grip to optimum)

Messages In This Thread
Faster in race than in qualify? - by Matteo Venuti - 08-20-2019, 05:36 AM