Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DTM 90s - any point in not racing with the Alfa?
I know the series have all changed but I saw this discussion and wanted to weigh in with my observations.

You guys are correct, the Alfa is inherently the faster car while the Merc was inherently the worst car. However, at Riverside I seemed to be placing pretty reliably in the Top 5. I'm not sure if it's because I'm really that good or if it's because the rest of the field wasn't using a good setup in their Alfas, but from what I could tell the difference was noticeable but could be challenged. A bad car with a great setup can almost always trump a good car with a bad setup, in my experience.

This all said, I don't race SRS to win so I don't care what car is fastest. All I need is to find the racing line that works best for my car and driving style, and push the car as hard as I can and place as high as I can in a race. The "meta" is hardly a concern for me, because I'm having fun no matter where I'm placed on the grid.

Messages In This Thread
RE: DTM 90s - any point in not racing with the Alfa? - by Lizzie Kuchinka - 08-16-2019, 04:45 PM