Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Survived my first race! -- Some new questions..
So ran my first race in the Porsche GT3 series. In practice on my own i could run some consistent 133:00-135:00 laps.  Definitely gets a little more tense in a race situation haha!

But I met my goal for the race! Don't cause or be involved in an accident, make it the end, and whenever I saw the blue flag, slow down and get out of the way cleanly.  Was quite happy with the result.  I only got 1 infraction (i don't know what it was for though) I did spin off the road a number of times though, some of it while trying to get out of the way, but was a good start.  I didn't bother qualifying cause I wanted to make sure to start at the back and avoid the first turn accidents, and then drive around on my own mostly.
Got a few questions now after looking at results:

1) I did get 1 infraction is says.  I definitely didn't hit or bump anyone though.  So what would that infraction be? Is that just a normal penalty in game, like cutting a corner or something? Or does that actually mean i did bump someone?  The only thing i could think of was maybe while letting someone past me on the blue flag, they might have brushed up against me or something? 

2) How do those servers work? It says I was on server 4 for the 11:00 race, and I got 5 points for the race, then -3 for the infraction, so got 2 points. Is server 4 where the put the new people? I see the points are worth more on other servers.

3) How does the driver rating work, and where can you view it?  I noticed when i was in the Race page after registering and right before 'joining' the race you could see the ratings.  How do you increase your rating?  Clean racing? finishing a race? .. Does spinning off the track affect your rating? 

4) I thought I read somewhere that you get a penalty or something that affects you driver rating if you Register for a race but don't show up, is that correct? And if so, right after the race I was in, it starts the next race, and I was already registered for it since it brought me back to the lobby and the Practice session was starting.  But I didn't want to do another Race, and I couldn't see anywhere to 'Un-Join'.  I exited the Race, but in the lobby, the Join button was still green and I couldn't click on anything else.  Really hope that doesn't affect my rating! 

Overall that was fun and nerve wracking haha

Messages In This Thread
Survived my first race! -- Some new questions.. - by Caleb Avent - 05-20-2019, 06:21 PM