Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evora GX — Locking Brakes
I'm struggling to extract any pace from the Evora because I can't dial in my brakes. I'm using a G29 with the rubber cone. 

At Chang, for example, at turn 2 — the slow right with a very heavy braking zone — I can only depress my pedal about 50-60% of the way before I get brake lockup. Hitting the brakes like I do in an ABS car results in near-immediate lockup, even though that's what's needed to reach maximum braking force on the brake trace. Sometimes the brakes lock at 20-30% force.

I would feel less frustrated if this were merely an issue of better braking control, but I watched the leader's brake trace on replay. He can carry maximum braking force all the way down to the apex at turn 2 with zero tire squeal. 

I've read various posts on different forums about this very problem, and have tried different range settings, brake gamma settings, and depressing the pedal fully before leaving the pits. Nothing has made a difference — I'm nowhere close to being able to use the brakes' maximum force without locking them up.

Any help/insight on this matter is hugely appreciated. I freely acknowledge that I can most definitely improve my brake control, but watching that replay has me thinking that the majority of this problem is down to calibration and settings. 

Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
Evora GX — Locking Brakes - by Dylan Paddison - 05-01-2019, 07:35 PM
RE: Evora GX — Locking Brakes - by Jason Jones - 05-01-2019, 10:22 PM
RE: Evora GX — Locking Brakes - by Mike Blaze - 05-02-2019, 10:53 AM
RE: Evora GX — Locking Brakes - by James Blint - 05-03-2019, 03:41 AM