Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Can we talk about the carelessness in the Lotus Evora GX
(04-26-2019, 05:12 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  
(04-26-2019, 09:11 AM)Dennis Ipenburg Wrote:  Exactly this. Say that someone did divebomb you in a corner. You feel he's in the wrong and want to report him. You've already got a triggerhappy finger when it comes to reporting, so you have the form finished in seconds. 

Dude that crashed into you didn't deliberately run into you. He simply made a mistake. Yet, 5 weeks after you filed the report you get the SRS message that he got suspended for 2 weeks because you reported him. 

No one has a "trigger happy finger when it comes to reporting." It's kind of a pain in the ass. Even folks that streamline their reporting process and merely throw a clip from twitch have to go through SOME ordeal to report folks. My personal workflow is quite a bit more involved... I have to transfer the replay from one PC to another, record it from whatever POV in OBS, throw the clip or clips into Divinci Resolve, add subtitle texts so the viewer knows what they are looking at, render it, upload it to my youtube channel. Then copy the video URL into the form AND type out a blurb about what the offense is. The filling out the form is the easiest part of the process.
Russell, the process for recording on PC is also way easier if you use Shadowplay or whatever the AMD graphics card version is called, either record the race live and then put the clip into the editing suite of choice and cut the parts required, or if you use something like Content manager, you can open up the replay there and record what you need from there.

Like I've said in a couple of different posts, Sunday I lost my cool at Paul Richard and may have acted unprofessionally (I do try my best to be as clean and consistent on the track as possible*) but I am also aware that sometimes the heat of the moment (Either by having someone not taking the right action to return to track, break checked etc) tempters can fly up.

I had one race in a different series, where the I got hit from behind and to be fair the guy messaged me and apologised for wrecking both our races. So it's down to the driver how they act before, during and after the race.

*By professional, I mean not doing the double move on break zones (as shown in the Mexico clip shown in this thread), if I miss the apex make sure that there is no one around to collect or impede while returning and importantly not go and crash into anyone on purpose. Also, when there is an issue with the car I try to get as far off the racing line or the track as possible.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can we talk about the carelessness in the Lotus Evora GX - by Steve Allan - 05-15-2019, 06:33 PM