Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Can we talk about the carelessness in the Lotus Evora GX
I'll start this by saying i'm fairly new to SRS, I participated in the last 2 seasons, in the Ford RS500 series, and then in the MX-5 Cup series. I don't think of myself as someone who is terribly fast (although i did place 9th in the MX-5 Cup series), But i do my best to facilitate and encourage good and CLEAN racing. If i'm slowing someone down, I'll let a faster driver pass. If i've gone off track, I'll wait till it's clear to rejoin. I will do my best to give other drivers space when necessary. And the last 2 seasons, the vast majority of people have done the same, I couldn't ask for a more shining start to SRS.
This season i've started the lotus series and the difference is night and day. People going 4 wide into T1, ramming (intentional, and due to ignorance), dangerous track re-joins, dangerous overtakes, I've seen a lot of absolutely abhorent behavior on the track in my 2 races this week. Yeah - all that from 2 races.
I'm not writing this to single any one person out (although this is an eye opener to record all my racing so i can submit protest forms), but rather to get some feedback, Have i joined some particularly terrible races and been unlucky? (although i've never seen anything like it in the last 2 seasons) Maybe it's an issue with the mid-pack as typically i've qualified closer to the front of the grid in previous seasons.Perhaps it's the car, with no ABS, and no TC, it is a more difficult car to drive than what i've driven in the past. But if you aren't able to drive safely, you shouldn't be driving at all.
Just wanted a place to talk about this series and why i'm seeing the behaviour i'm seeing. Maybe it's just me

Messages In This Thread
Can we talk about the carelessness in the Lotus Evora GX - by Andy Kay - 04-09-2019, 12:56 PM