Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips and help for beginners
(03-06-2019, 05:51 PM)argMateusz Filip Oberland Wrote:  Hi
I'm a bit new and I want to know if there is a way that I can improve if there is any like ways to increase my skill I'm rather new and I have raced 3 times by the time I post this and I keep coming last and I don't want to. If there is any tips you guys can help me out with because I'm still racing a bit awful and I hate sometimes colliding with people, I hate it sometimes that I lose control and hit others accidentally as I know I might of kind ruined there lap.
If there's any help or resources you guys can recommend that are free then please let me know
Helicorsa and Cheifcrew are perhaps the two biggest mods I would hand down recommend to anybody racing on AC. I would also recommend checking out videos by Random Callsign, Gamer Muscle for any additional mods. Also for additional hints for sim racing in general, check out the iRacing youtube channel, I believe they've got their 'Racing School' videos on there and they might help you understand elements of racing like On throttle/Off throttle over/understeer, lines to take into corners etc

Also, I would say the main tip I would give you is just practice and try and be consistent as possible, Look at the series that you're interested in, get the list of tracks and put in the time offline in practice mode, also try some races with the AI at a setting that will give you a natural challenge and also if possible (depending on if you're running Content manager) watch the replays of the races. See where you're making the silly errors and then go back to practising at that part of the track, see if you improve then try to put it all in the SRS race.

I mean I am far from the best racer on this network of racers, but when I get the chance I always try put in around half an hour to an hour leading up to the race (depending on when the next race is) just practicing various elements of the race (when it's safe to let lapped cars through, the start, when is the best parts of the track to attempt to overtake etc) and it's sadly a long-winded process, but I've been able to move up the rankings (somehow) and gain one win in just over two months. If this sloth of a driver can somewhat improve, anyone can.

Oh and I forgot to mention, it's something which affected me in a race yesterday, Never lose you're tempter while driving, you're always going to make stupid errors and lead to a bout of rage which, lets face it, isn't life and death, everyone who signed up for this just wants to have fun and enjoy themselves racing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tips and help for beginners - by Jim Eriksen - 03-06-2019, 07:33 PM
RE: Tips and help for beginners - by Rob Russo - 03-06-2019, 07:52 PM
RE: Tips and help for beginners - by Rifqy Afiyat - 03-10-2019, 11:48 AM
RE: Tips and help for beginners - by Ben Thomas - 03-29-2019, 01:09 PM
RE: Tips and help for beginners - by Ben Thomas - 03-30-2019, 08:35 PM
RE: Tips and help for beginners - by Steve Allan - 05-13-2019, 03:55 PM