Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: Should we increase the maximum skin size on SRS?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
33.33%
4 33.33%
No
66.67%
8 66.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Increasing the maximum allowed custom skin size
Yeah, I guess I forgot about people's GPU limitations. Personally, I just never had to deal with issues regarding VRAM, as I went from a GTX 1060 3gb to a GTX 1070 ti in my three years as a simracer. However, I believe that there's also an argument to be made about the evolution of GPU's and VRAM in the four years AC has been around... When AC was release, if we disregard the NVIDIA TITAN (who can afford the TITAN series anyways), the best GPU you could buy was the 980ti, available at 549$ USD MSRP; it had 6gb of VRAM. Nowadays, you can get a GTX 1060 6gb from an NVIDIA partner for about 200$ new... Probably much cheaper on the used market. Same technology for less than half the price (if we're strictly talking about VRAM).

I never saw GPU memory as a bottleneck on this game as it is relatively not that graphically demanding (hi there SOL)... But for users with older tech I can see the problem. Sim Racing is meant to be for everyone... in a way it sort of opposes IRL motorsports which have a very real paywall.
Interviewer: ”What makes TAG Heuer special?” - Kimi Raikkonen: “It’s okay.”

Messages In This Thread
RE: Increasing the maximum allowed custom skin size - by Mike V Madd - 03-06-2019, 09:02 PM