Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: Is a series for newer drivers a good idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hell yes
58.33%
7 58.33%
No, newbies should suffer same as I did
41.67%
5 41.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Series for folks with ratings under 500?
Thanks for the replies and thoughts. I hadn't imagined that a sub-500 race would take the place of an existing race but I guess I don't understand why the races are only on the hour and imagined that the new race would be that, a net new event perhaps on the half-hour or at some other time that wouldn't limit the main events.

In terms of races being light, I have never seen that, at least in the 20 minute events. I race mostly during the day in the U.S. but those events are always 20+ drivers with a global distribution.

And on the point that "points don't matter"... I don't disagree that the points don't matter, but it seems like if there were a sib-500 (or some class for newer drivers) it would give more people a chance to win races or come in top three at least. It's not a huge deal and it's still fun to be fast in the middle of the pack... but I always feel like I'm on Toro Rosso up against Mercedes.

Is there a technical reason a new race couldn't run on the half-hour? I admit I don't know how the underpinnings of SRS work so my bad there.
Founder, Dream Drives for Kids
facebook.com/DreamDrivesforKids

Messages In This Thread
RE: Series for folks with ratings under 500? - by Eric Peterson - 02-02-2019, 03:39 PM