Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helicorsa for everyone
Hello,

Thank you for the link about the rules in SRS.
It seems i mixed SRS rules and some other server's ones. Anyway, i still think that waiting for a pilot should be more than courtesy and is a proof of not being guilty.

Here is the link to FIA site, where official rules are available : https://www.fia.com/.
FIA GT world cup, for exemple : https://www.fia.com/regulation/category/629
19.5 More than one change of direction to defend a position is not permitted. Any driver moving back towards the racing line, having earlier defended his position off-line, should leave at least one car width between his own car and the edge of the track on the approach to the corner.
19.6 Manoeuvres liable to hinder other drivers, such as deliberate crowding of a car beyond the edge of the track or any other abnormal change of direction, are not permitted.

It's common to see people zig-zaging to block, or remove slipstream. Also being pushed, by any means, from behind or by the side. I think that all these behaviors should be reported and be punished.
It's not as if i wanted to be a policeman, but more as a quite pilote.

More specifically, in section 16, we can read about incidents :

d) Caused an avoidable collision.
e) Forced a driver off the track.
f) Illegitimately prevented a legitimate overtaking manoeuvre by a driver.
g) Illegitimately impeded another driver during overtaking.

I think that to be legitimate, an overtake is when the car is engaged, that means when the last car's front wheel is by side of the first car's rear wheel.
And here the magic loop, Helicorsa ( or equivalent ) is helpfull, if not needed to see clearly when an overtake is legitimate.
If the car is not engaged, blocking is still an option to the first pilote, as long as it is his first move. Then a push is forbidden and dive bomb becomes dangerous in this case.

Maybe all this has been already discussed on other forums, i don't know. I didn't search enough because track rules are new to me, being involved from a short time.

Messages In This Thread
Helicorsa for everyone - by Frederic Desailloud - 10-12-2018, 07:46 PM
RE: Helicorsa for everyone - by Russell Sobie - 10-12-2018, 10:34 PM
RE: Helicorsa for everyone - by Duarte Luz - 10-13-2018, 01:04 PM
RE: Helicorsa for everyone - by Will Dawson - 10-14-2018, 08:30 PM
RE: Helicorsa for everyone - by Russell Sobie - 10-16-2018, 02:05 AM
RE: Helicorsa for everyone - by Frederic Desailloud - 10-16-2018, 06:31 AM