Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions on SRS 1-hour races and pitstops
Ok test done on Silverstone Gp. Medium tires,50L fuel
I'm geared to 162mph. Tires 17psi front/19psi rear

My race pace will be around 2:07. Round this down to 2.05 to be safe. 3600/125 = 28.8laps round up to 29L (3600 in an hour in seconds btw. 60x60)

Fuel usage was 2.6L a lap. x 1.7 for fuel useage= 4.42 per Lap (4.5 to be safe) Would be interesting to see how this compares to those using CM.

Fuel for race (29x4.5) 130.5 Liters for race distance.

Audi TT VLN holds 110 Litres so we will need to stop for 21L. Usefull to know that if we start on a full tank our first stop must be after Lap 5 (21/4.5 =4.6) to get to the end.

Tires i feel will need to be changed. Softs will overheat, Mediums will happily go 30-40 mins. Don't think they will go a full distance but will decide during the race. You could make up a lot of time by not changing tires.

Tires take about the same time to change as a full tank of fuel.

Fuel usage will be doubled checked in Quali

For me it will be either

Full tank and start on mediums. See how far i can go. Pit late as possible and only change tires if needed. Risky but has paid off in the past and gives you most options.

Do a simple 50:50. Start with 70L stop at 30mins add 65L and change tires. Safe and what most people go for.

And one just to throw out there.
Start on softs with 30L fuel make use of the extra grip light car. Stop on lap 6 add 100L and change to mediums to the end. This is risky as you could get caught up in t1 accident and your screwed. And it's puts you on a set strategy with little wiggle room.

The above only takes account of my pace. I could be well off the pace but we won't know until race day. If you want more options wait until after race one and check the results for more accurate lap times/race distance.

My brain now hurts so off for a nice whisky. Hope that offers so help to a few people.

*I would always double check numbers, I'm not responsible if you run out of fuel during the race if you just copy the above and i've got it horribly wrong.
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questions on SRS 1-hour races and pitstops - by Michael Martin - 09-09-2018, 03:15 PM