Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
On-going Race Leavers, what happens?
In all Assetto Corsa servers damage coef. set to 100%. After 1.7 update repair times increased 10 times. So if you have a contact,
especially with wall, and you want to repair car, it takes 30-40 sec. If you continue to race with damage you will losing 1-4 sec. per lap depending on car aero load and top speed. I think people not interested in driving remaining laps after contact in last position without ability to race with other players.
I think people join SRS not because any rating system its provides. They want clean racing. And if they had been pushed out in the wall in first lap they didn't see any reason to continue. Its more important to apply some penalty to players who
causes collision at race start, or aggressive players who drive like "i overtake you or we crash together". But who will judge all this moments.

It is more useful to have system that consider players "Incident Average" index. For moment when server is not full, its possible to join with any  "Incident Average". After server is full, if player with lower "Incident Average" wants to join, he can join server number 1. Player that already registered on server  number 1 with higher "Incident Average" will automatically placed to server number 2.
Or like we see in social networks some kind of buttons "like" "dislike".  Every player have ability to put only one "like" or one "dislike" to any player he (or even she) race with. So servers 1,2 will filled up depending on "like, dislike" index. So maybe this can add some players some respect to others who drive clean.

The problem is, its very rare when even one server is filled up and applying some borderlines like "Incident Average"<=1 or <=2 will close the possibility to join and any interest in SRS for players with higher index with the result that less people enter the race. Question is would you like to race with 5 clean drivers or better race with 20 "very fast" drivers.

PS. I hope you understand something in my very bad English.

Messages In This Thread
RE: On-going Race Leavers, what happens? - by Ivan Drago - 08-02-2016, 03:08 PM