Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tim Driscoll
Well, my name is obviously Tim. It wasn't a clever ruse or anything. I am very new to sim Racing. I discovered it quite by accident. I have an incurable illness and was looking through you tube for something to watch while feeling dumpy about 18 months or so ago and found some of the very popular Sim racer channels there and became immediately interested. I was not at the time a racing fan of any kind. Now, I can't get enough of it, simulated or actual, I am hooked. I actually started racing in March of this year (2018). It took me a bit to save up for the gear I wanted. 
So, I play a lot of Assetto Corsa mainly for the Custom Championships and modding. I have Project Cars 2, but I really struggle with the handling on that, which is odd because I've been told the physics on PC2 are 'Easier' than AC. However, I can play AC with all the assists set to factory and do okay, but not on PC2. But I digress... I am also on iRacing but during summer break that can be difficult for me to get into as I have an autistic son who may need me and if I'm in a race that I can't pause that can be problematic. 
I have an Oculus rift as well as Triple Monitor. 

Thats about it I guess. Thanks for letting me aboard. Oh, I was turned onto this amazing resource by The Sim Racing Paddock and his video about the Mazda League. Not sure if I'm anywhere good enough to compete in a league at the moment. Afraid I would screw up and ruin someones race.

Cheers.

Messages In This Thread
Tim Driscoll - by Tim Driscoll - 08-11-2018, 07:07 PM
RE: Tim Driscoll - by Stephen OSullivan - 08-11-2018, 09:53 PM
RE: Tim Driscoll - by Tim Driscoll - 08-12-2018, 01:18 AM
RE: Tim Driscoll - by Will Dawson - 08-12-2018, 02:08 AM
RE: Tim Driscoll - by Stephen OSullivan - 08-12-2018, 12:21 PM