Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kicking high then 150 ping players.
I've posted about this many times by now. Probably nothing will be done.

On SRS people don't have a common sense and connect from South America, Asia, Oceania to EU servers with atrocious latencies and connection quality, 250ms+ warping around.
I do try tell them when I see them having even as high as 400ms latencies (while my connection to AU/NZ is 300-330ms) that they are warping and it will cause issues but I don't think a single one yet went to fix their connection or disconnect to avoid making a mess on start.

150ms is a sensible limit IMHO.

The solution is simple, use a server app that monitors latencies and kicks those with too high. If you don't know which app does it or if the server can be configured to do it, ask IZI on assetto-fr.tk, they run public servers with KMR and have latency protection there, not sure it's from KMR or other app.

Plus this could also be resolved before even connecting to the server as SRS uses custom apps, as such when you click join it could test your connection and deny registration right there if your connection is too bad for the chosen server you're trying to register to.

Even 100-150ms warps noticeably, but it's a definite step forward from the insane 200-400ms there are now on SRS. People have no common sense to realize that if they are from Americas they should connect to American servers, from Asia to Asian servers, this is not only for AC or SRS, this is for any realtime gaming.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kicking high then 150 ping players. - by Jaroslav Černý - 08-05-2018, 12:52 PM