Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fixed vs Open setup comparison
Back on topic, fixed series are for those who don't want or have time to practice, but also for many who have time to practice and do practice but can't do setups because they lack will, knowledge or both. I belong in the latter category, I've always practiced long enough for any fixed races I've ever run in any sim, I can make a setup but I often don't have that extra time to do it, or don't want to put the effort in it, but it doesn't mean I'll find myself unprepared come race time...if anything, practicing for a fixed race allows me to focus more on my driving instead of wasting time trial-erroring in the garage, so it's almost like I'm more prepared than I'd be in an open race. I'm sure a lot of people among those who run fixed have that same approach and the same reasons behind that choice, so I think having fixed series is a good thing. Running open doesn't mean people are forced to practice more thus be ideally more prepared, because many will just download a set or run with the baseline if they don't want to practice. IMO the quality of racing has nothing to do with it being open or fixed.

Messages In This Thread
Fixed vs Open setup comparison - by James Blint - 07-26-2018, 04:37 PM
RE: Fixed vs Open setup comparison - by Alex Leif - 07-26-2018, 05:14 PM
RE: Fixed vs Open setup comparison - by Alex Leif - 07-27-2018, 02:23 PM
RE: Fixed vs Open setup comparison - by R.cc.rd. D. N.zz. - 08-01-2018, 02:57 PM