Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue Flag on last lap? What to do?!
Seems like this is something not a lot of folks understand (or care about), but perhaps a simple list of guidelines might help folks that are new to competitive racing.
If you have a blue flag warning on your HUD (because someone a lap ahead of you is within a short distance behind you)...
...And it is the last lap of the race...
...And you have no chance to pass the driver in front of you during this last lap...
Stay on the racing line as best as you can until you come to the next straight...
Then calmly reduce your acceleration and allow all of the cars that are ahead of you in laps, pass you nice and cleanly. Since this is the last lap, and we've already decided we aren't gaining any more positions, let whoever needs by, by.
Whether it is the last lap or not, if you have a blue flag, be sure that...
  • You never make abrupt line changes (either off of the racing line, or on it)
  • You never apply brakes in a non-braking zone to try to let people pass
  • You never go off track to try to let people pass (this will usually just result in you coming back ON the track out of control)
  • You let everyone in racing groups pass as a group. Don't be a "moving wall" that causes other racers to lose their chance at an overtake. 
  • You never, ever try to race against the driver you are being blue flagged for. No defending, no blocking, no brake checking, etc..
I think that's everything. Any other tips for less knowledgeable/experienced racers I'm forgetting on this subject? Add them below!
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz

Messages In This Thread
Blue Flag on last lap? What to do?! - by Russell Sobie - 06-13-2018, 02:04 AM