Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teleport to pit mid race allowed?
(06-12-2018, 07:35 AM)Jaroslav Černý Wrote:  
(06-11-2018, 09:35 PM)Will Dawson Wrote:  If you are, for example, half way through lap 14 and you pull over and teleport back to pits your controls get locked for 60s (much longer than tire change and refuling times) and when you come out of the pits you are restarting lap 14. In 99% of situations teleporting will lose you more time than doing a normal pitstop. The 1% where it can be considered cheating is if your car gets so badly damaged just before the start/finish line that the repairs will take longer than 60s, then you could just crawl over the start/finish line to move the lap counter forward and teleport, saving you time... Of course the chance of this happening perfectly is so small that it's not even worth worrying about.

Well, right now there is DTM90s Monza but so far I don't see people doing 11 laps in 20min race where as for me it's a given and as such people get "surprised" that the race is 1 lap longer than they expected. As such some run out of fuel, while I don't feel the need to protest anyone I think such situations should be in the basic SRS rules explained and locked out in the game itself to not be able to leave pits after teleporting in race.
What happens is that people finish lap 10 = cross the start/finish line, stop immediately right beside the pits but they did not go to pits they are on track. Teleport to pits, I suppose wait some time due to built in wait timer, that is nice, at least something, and then continue their race with a completely new car (no damage, new tyres, more fuel).
Of course some are not that fortunate or smart and ran out of fuel before finishing lap 10 teleporting from last corner = did not finish 10th lap and by teleporting will have to drive the whole 10th lap again, as you mentioned this is the case if you teleport too far in a lap.

This also leaves big crashes and out of bounds to be able to "restart" their race when normally they would be retired and DNF. So this rule does have an impact on more than "refueling/pitstops" and overall adds more realism.
I have saw this happening today, didnt quite understand what was happening at the time.
Makes sense now! Confused

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teleport to pit mid race allowed? - by Michael Fitzpatrick - 06-13-2018, 03:37 PM