Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BMW M3 E30 "Track guide" - Brands Hatch @ SRR/SRS
Well that was a bit of a crazy race, and probably my saddest win. Got the pole, which is actually a disadvantage on Brands Hatch, sitting in some kind of hole, the left line is much more flat and less off camber, etc... anyway after a difficult first lap we were in close battle with Andrea for the whole race, heading to an epic last lap finally closing into the half second or so, then...backmarker comes in the way T1, they crash, i dodge it somehow but it was close.

As i ve already said, too many times wins are decided by people who don't respect blue flags. I don't even understand the point trying to race the leaders like that. If you are being lapped in a 20min race on a circuit like Brands Hatch, it means you are on average 10 sec slower a lap, there s not single point doing it except risking more incidents and screwing other's races. I really feel for Andrea, i don't know what would have happened in the last lap between us but ive lost some races like that, it's extremely frustrating when you ve worked all the race, each lap, tenth by thenth sometimes, trying to build a small gap, or even just maintaining it and in a split second all is ruined by something you can't control. It's just a game but frustrating, and you do that in a real competition, your racing licence will only get you to play cricket the next day.

Anyway, apart from that, i hope the race was good fun for everybody and the guide was helpful to some. T1 wasn't the carnage i envisionned (it happened T2  Big Grin ) but lot of people still crashed there during the race i think. I see Will didn't do too bad, into top 10 i believe? with some strong players ahead. The car is really a blast, very analogue, demanding, you can't cheat it, this could be a really enjoyable daily series i think.

Vallelunga next? I ain't doing any guide, i would need one myself, i have very little knowledge of this track  Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: BMW M3 E30 "Track guide" - Brands Hatch @ SRR/SRS - by James Blint - 05-27-2018, 09:19 AM