Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BMW M3 E30 "Track guide" - Brands Hatch @ SRR/SRS
You bring some good points, in Graham Hill i think it's better to break early and probably begin to turn earlier than you would believe but not get on the power too soon. Some obviosities apply well here.. look far ahead at the exit, smooth is fast,..

About Hawtorn bend, there s a bump in the middle of the tarmac, that gives off camber exactly where you need it the most. You can trim 0.1/0.2 by going into 3rd, it's still more risky, it gives a better impulsion negating some of that off camber on the turn in, so as long as you can keep it in control after the downshift it's easier to hang on to the right, this comes down to if comfortable doing it and willing to take the risk. Heel&toe helps a lot with this combo.

There's always the balance to find between what you can do safely lap after lap and where you can trim some time but being more on the limit. It's like the druid hair pin, i try to square it a bit more sometimes and maybe get better exit at the expense of having more likely to catch a slide. Can you do it for like 15 laps in a row..or you are better off just following the curb.

While i m thinking about it, for some reasons the semi slick on this track keep building pressure even after 5-6 laps, so i would say start low, since it's 20min, wear shouldn't be too much trouble if you aren't sliding every turns, some might get into the yellow mid grip in the last couple of laps, otherwise front left takes the most hit. I found 21 LF - 20 LR / 23 RF and 22 RR, worked for me but this is always very dependent on each person's driving style and pace.

I might not even be able to make it back home for the race, anyway going to the lab a bit on a track is never useless.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BMW M3 E30 "Track guide" - Brands Hatch @ SRR/SRS - by James Blint - 05-26-2018, 06:43 AM