Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mandatory Qualify before Racing
(04-19-2018, 09:28 AM)Rafael Jimenez Wrote:  
(04-19-2018, 09:23 AM)Andy Long Wrote:  I think the better option would be to introduce minor rating into the system, and restrict some of the races based on your rating. The splits could then be decided by licence/rating, so if you have a rook licence you would only ever be in a split with other rookies. And more frequent races for rookies and the lower classes.

Also some races could then be restricted by licence, for instance the current AC 1 hour 911 GT1 race should be restricted as that car is hard to drive and not something you can just jump into, in the top split you'll be lucky to get more than 12 people actually finish the race

As SRS grows they are going to hit more of these problems where some people are taking it more seriously than others and they will have to cater for this.
I agree, although, as I said previously, if something similar were to be done right now, there would be 8 participants per race. I mean, if participation does not increase, restriction in the categories does not make sense.

Yeah agree, they would have to transition over, so to start they could just have Rookie races and then Everyone else, to ensure your not a complete idiot before racing with everyone else. But not having this in place could also mean people leave as they get frustrated. It would also flag to people who are joining the race that there will be rookies racing and to take care. I would also run these Rookie races every hour, I think making it easier to jump in a race would help increase participation.

Messages In This Thread
Mandatory Qualify before Racing - by Iam Jabour - 04-18-2018, 11:46 PM
RE: Mandatory Qualify before Racing - by Andy Long - 04-19-2018, 09:43 AM