Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heart Rate on LIVE STREAM during a Race
(04-26-2018, 09:48 AM)Owen Pyrah Wrote:  I try to relax any time I notice my heart rate rising. Concentrating on slow, deep breathing. Much smoother and faster when I'm not agitated.

For the same reason I don't pay much attention to my mirror. Easier to just focus on hitting your markers and let them worry about passing you. I find if you watch your mirror, the gap to the car behind may shrink. If you look forward, the gap to the car ahead may shrink.

hitting markers is one thing driving alone, whenever you have someone on your ass, you automatically go into DEFEND mode, which changes everything about the racing line and hitting markers, although it is the fastest way around, you don't always take the fastest way around in defensive mode and you WILL look into the mirror as this is the only way to see your opponent's line when defending....you can say you won't look, but you will. I would also like to add, watching the mirror and all directions is key to contact free racing, you may only defend for a short period if the car behind is faster and you know he's faster, otherwise, you're looking in the mirror to see that you don't turn in on an attempt to pass by him.

(04-26-2018, 11:25 AM)Pierre Caillet Wrote:  Good thinking Owen, I'll try to work on my breathing. I find myself in apnea often during a race, but I hadn't thought about the link to the heart rate.
As for the sweating, it's no use... My flat is under a Brussels roof and soon the temperature will too high for me to race. I'd have to take a shower and change clothes after each race, pain in the ass. I'm already dehydrated after the (20 minutes) race. Let's hope for a rotten summer Smile

OMG !!!  I sweat like a pig too...lol...with air conditioning on...it's nerves apparently......i get so HOT sometimes, it ruins my race because i'm trying to turn on fans or take my shirt off during a race. Big Grin

(04-26-2018, 12:27 PM)Michael Butler Wrote:  
(04-26-2018, 09:48 AM)Owen Pyrah Wrote:  I try to relax any time I notice my heart rate rising. Concentrating on slow, deep breathing. Much smoother and faster when I'm not agitated.

For the same reason I don't pay much attention to my mirror. Easier to just focus on hitting your markers and let them worry about passing you. I find if you watch your mirror, the gap to the car behind may shrink. If you look forward, the gap to the car ahead may shrink.

hitting markers is one thing driving alone, whenever you have someone on your ass, you automatically go into DEFEND mode, which changes everything about the racing line and hitting markers, although it is the fastest way around, you don't always take the fastest way around in defensive mode and you WILL look into the mirror as this is the only way to see your opponent's line when defending....you can say you won't look, but you will. I would also like to add, watching the mirror and all directions is key to contact free racing, you may only defend for a short period if the car behind is faster and you know he's faster, otherwise, you're looking in the mirror to see that you don't turn in on an attempt to pass by him.

(04-26-2018, 11:25 AM)Pierre Caillet Wrote:  Good thinking Owen, I'll try to work on my breathing. I find myself in apnea often during a race, but I hadn't thought about the link to the heart rate.
As for the sweating, it's no use... My flat is under a Brussels roof and soon the temperature will too high for me to race. I'd have to take a shower and change clothes after each race, pain in the ass. I'm already dehydrated after the (20 minutes) race. Let's hope for a rotten summer Smile

OMG !!!  I sweat like a pig too...lol...with air conditioning on...it's nerves apparently......i get so HOT sometimes, it ruins my race because i'm trying to turn on fans or take my shirt off during a race. Big Grin

Pierre, you need to make this cheap cooling unit...... https://www.youtube.com/results?search_q...et+ac+unit

Messages In This Thread
RE: Heart Rate on LIVE STREAM during a Race - by Michael Butler - 04-26-2018, 12:27 PM