Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Race series with caps on rating and incident average
I did some quick plots for Assetto Corsa based on the data from 2/16/18 (I was too lazy grab the most recent data).
A quick X-Y scatter plot of Road Rating vs. Incident average showed the following.
[Image: 143p7au.jpg]
A definite correlation that safe drivers are higher rated.
If I trim it so that I limit the pool to drivers with <2.0001 incidents (safe/respectful racers) and a rating of >150.0001 (to show active users) i get the following plot.
[Image: 2mz0c9k.jpg]
There's still a correlation, but it's no where near as strong. Essentially, once incident averages go below 2.000, the main variable that will affect ratings are finishing and driver skill/speed/consistency.
This pool of drivers is approximately 1300 drivers.
It would be nice to see something limiting entry into invents based on "incident average" first and/or possibly also including a "driver rating" as an additional filter. I'd definitely like to see some events based on "incident ratings". This would minimize T1 pile ups.
I'm usually a mid pack runner, but now prefer qualifying back pack so I don't get taken out in T1 by sloppy drivers. Unfortunately, I'm not fast enough to be in the top-5 where it's a little bit safer, though still dangerous.

Messages In This Thread
Race series with caps on rating and incident average - by Albert Castro - 04-12-2018, 10:39 PM