Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a system in place to prevent invalid hotlapping by abusing the outlap?
(04-12-2018, 04:25 AM)Caleb Clifton Wrote:  Yeah, I hadn't considered doing it myself, i just happened to lock up one lap and ended up not going off into the grass because of the concrete runoff, and i got back on track so fast, it sparked the idea. I didn't notice anyone doing it in the race I did earlier today, I was just curious if SRS had it's own corner cutting rules, some servers have custom plugins running that track corner cutting and stuff like that.

This series is really interesting though, My quali lap was 5 tenths off the leader, and yet I was all the way down in 9th on the grid! The time gap is very small on this circuit, since so much is flat out.

I'm sure the FIXED setup brings lap times a little closer together. fighting for .1,.2, faster sometimes.....just when i thought i couldn't get any faster, i learned you can slip into the slipstream and gain some time during qual., helps to have a car close at the right time, right lap. In other words, you can time it just right by having a car within .5 of crossing the start/finish line, and spend that entire lap trying to catch him if he doesn't make a mistake also, helps to get behind the fastest guy out there...lol. .3 faster right there.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is there a system in place to prevent invalid hotlapping by abusing the outlap? - by Michael Butler - 04-12-2018, 11:49 AM