Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
911 GT1 @ Spa 2018-4-1 considered official with 2 cars
I signed up for the 911 GT1 race at Spa last night. Once I got in the room I noticed that out of the 8 drivers that signed up only 4 actually entered the room (3 others including myself). I did not want to do an hour long race with only 4 cars so I exited just as qualifying started. Today I lost over 15 rating points which dropped me from 10th in the US and 194 overall to 12th in the US and 215th overall. Then I looked at the race results and noticed even though 3 cars qualified, only 2 cars started and finished the race and points were given towards the championship.

First of all, why was I docked so many points for leaving a race that wasn't even considered official? Per the rules: To score for the championship, races need to be considered official and require 6 or more participants. The key word being PARTICIPANTS. The amount of points I lost was easily a months worth of racing. That's extremely harsh and makes me not want to sign up for low count races anymore. If a race isn't counting towards the points or the championship then it shouldn't dock my rating either. Now the only two people that stuck it out got an easy 1-2 finish and great points towards the championship with nearly zero competition.

The results of this race should be nulified and rating points lost should be returned, not just for me but for everyone that was affected.  
2013 US Nissan GT Academy Silverstone Finalist

Messages In This Thread
911 GT1 @ Spa 2018-4-1 considered official with 2 cars - by Barrett Rolph - 04-03-2018, 01:24 AM