Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About classifications
I dunno... it would probably feel the same to me. The way the splits work (way more based on champ points than on driver rating, and plenty of points given out for finishing 10+ regardless of split), you are just as likely to be racing people way above your talent level or way below your talent level as you are racing with people right around your talent level. So splits basically don't really matter all that much unless you are getting podiums just about every time you show up to race. Which through the definition of Math, means it doesn't matter to the vast majority of us.

In order to actually have actual divisions, I think you'd need to fully restructure how SRS works. Something like...
  • Change rating system to pay way more attention to your relative total race times compared to everyone in the same car/track combo, and less attention to your finishing positions or your incident averages. This would be use to place drivers of similar SPEED with each other.
  • Divisions would be based solely on this new rating system.
  • Actively split every race up into these divisions, even if one or more splits only have 1-5 people show up for a particular race time.
  • Since your rating system is 100% based on race times and not placement points, might as well let scheduled races where only a single driver shows up count!
There are a number of problems with the above design... but I think the main one is that we simply don't have enough people for that type of thing. At least in AC races. Maybe RaceRoom has more? I haven't done any RaceRoom because of reasons* so I have no idea.

*No custom liveries, and no Helicorsa/CarRadar equivalent.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz

Messages In This Thread
About classifications - by Rafael Jimenez - 03-21-2018, 01:02 PM
RE: About classifications - by Matthias Wauer - 03-21-2018, 02:28 PM
RE: About classifications - by Rafael Jimenez - 03-21-2018, 04:15 PM
RE: About classifications - by Russell Sobie - 03-21-2018, 04:58 PM
RE: About classifications - by Almor R Sousa - 03-23-2018, 01:02 PM
RE: About classifications - by simracingsystem - 03-23-2018, 01:51 PM